What I'm watching (Part 1)

This review sums it up pretty well. (spoilers, ofc)

1 Like

Yeah, spot on.

The thrill is in the chase.

It was gripping stuff so hats off to them for that.

The super sophisiticated suicide vest was confounded by one of Coco’s croc clips & I was amused to see him needing to cut both wires to the battery (as if a battery still functions with only one terminal connected.) :grinning:

5 Likes

I enjoyed it and the bomb thing was well done but then it became all a bit rushed. The ending would have better if Budd was blown to bits and everyone carried on. You know like in real life.

I started to view Killing Eve and was struck by the excellent performance of Jodie Comer. I think she will be off to Hollywood soon.

She really was good, and the speed with which she appeared to be able to switch accents was most impressive.

Also rather pretty to boot.

1 Like

I still haven’t work out how the tablet came to be buried over the wall. Wasn’t it stashed inside his boiler? He put it there at the time he retrieved his pistol.

That puzzled me too.

Also, did we see him set up whatever that booby trap spray was? I don’t recall seeing it.

They didn’t show him booby trapping the light fitting either, we just have to assume he was smart enough to take precautions re how things might turn out. Still interested to know more about the wife’s unseen mystery boyfriend. Were they spying on Budd?

certainly a big success for bbc with 4 times as many viewers as vanity fair . which was quite good too i thought .

Currently also enjoying Trust, set in the early 70’s & about the kidnapping of JP Getty III. A great cast including Donald Sutherland being tremendous as old man Getty. The 2nd episode (directed by Danny Boyle, not sure if the others are) was very good.

1 Like

The Great British Bake Off

1 Like

And me. Got back into it having been an early adopter and then getting sniffy when it became popular. I quite like the new team too.

1 Like

Mmmmm, cake, biscuits, cake, buns, buscuits, baking, sweet, fat, mmmmmmmmm…

SThe bodyguard unanswered questions were quite clearly Internet nerd plants.
If series like Lost and Westworld have taught tv makers one thing it’s that people will obsess over details to fathom endless theories.

This series chucked a shit load of dead ends and half truths in to just throw people off.

The plot itself was ludicrous and beyond any sort of comprehension. Some crime bloke thinks bumping off the HS is good for business. Yeah…
Terrorists doing business with criminals for things other than just cash… yeah.

Cops getting routinely caught out doing bad stuff and being left to carry on working. Unsupervised. Ok!

Couple of good set pieces but the rest was just fluff. About the only thing that did ring true was the 5 bloke waking free on a court order.

Other than that is cool to give guns to mental health victims!

Edit- just read that review. Agree. Good telly but spoilt for me by the plot and the nauseatingly deferential and dull lead.

2 Likes

I’m not even massively into cakes and shit but I do admire the skill that goes in and the bakers are always interesting personalities.

Every so often though there is a cake that I crave and have to go into the kitchen and guzzle a tunnocks tea cake or similar.

Think it’s becoming obvious who will win but personally I’m smitten with Ruby :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Watching the Leeds young pianist of the year , how on earth do they remember that lot by heart

1 Like

Marc Almond’s syrup :flushed:

Anyone else enjoying Better Call Saul?

Cracking few episodes here in the middle of Season 4 !!!

4 Likes