What I'm watching (Part 1)

It’s something I really need to catch up with, I’m miles behind!

It is spinning core of the earth slow, but it’s just startig to crank up and peep under the hood of Saul in S4

1 Like

Haven’t had the inclination or time to watch much lately. Gave up on The Bodyguard, just too unrealistic while pretending to be accurate. I have been trying to follow The Mighty Redcar though, very watchable.

Listen to The Mighty Redcar playlist on Spotify…it has all the songs on from the series…Quite a good listen

1 Like

Hollywood’s Brightest - The Hedy Lamarr Story

BBC4

What a stunner she was. Very intelligent too, but a troubled life and exploitation by the studios gave her much grief.

Was looking forward to this but don’t bother, fails to deliver anything at all whilst trying to be artsy.

Country Queens at the BBC on BBC4

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Ferris Bueller’s Day off. Oh yeah…

3 Likes

Some dire stuff but was worth it for Gillian Welch, Lucinda Williams and Roseanne Cash.:+1:
And Alison Krauss.

1 Like

And Linda Ronstadt

Shame she’s not well now

3 Likes

Solo, A Star Wars Story.

Pretty good so far actually.

2 Likes

Killing Eve episode 3

(recorded)

1 Like

Brilliant last gag.

Just binge watched Mighty Redcar on a flight to the US - very good overall, particularly the beautiful camera work and sunset shots. Content was stylised and slightly patchy, maybe even over dramatised for effect and then everyone seemed to turn out well in the end. Also there were several sudden, incongruous life changes that weren’t really supported by the preceding script and some that weren’t followed through.

I’m prolly being picky though about a series that had real heart and was head and shoulders above most of the crap on TV.

1 Like

I bought this for Sam on BLURAY for being a good lad at ‘big school’. Watched it on Saturday afternoon. It’s okay, but I didn’t really care about any of the characters or what happened to them, the baddy was the bestest bit.

Travels with my Father (series 2) is feckin hilarious! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Watched this last not on Amazon Prime - very good. More than a little sympathetic to Tonya Harding.

2 Likes

Westworld S2

Any good? I had fears the first series might have disappeared up its own backside by the end.