What I'm watching (Part 1)

S2 is good, but not as good as the first. Wasn’t altogether keen on the series finale.

gave up on westworld about half way through s2, just bored the shite out of me.

Been watching Strangers, quite like it.

Travel Man with Richard Ayoade

2 Likes

Is that the vampire’s ex, the preacher’s or God’s ?

I’ve just finished watching In Bruges (recorded off the TV) which I’ve never seen before. It was excellent ! We had a long weekend in Bruges once and that’s exactly how it is, except I don’t remember there being nearly so much violence. In some ways the Harry character reminded me of one of my ex-bosses, again without the firearms.

VB

1 Like

Nooks and crannies.

No, no. Alcoves.

VB

Manson: The Lost Tapes

2 Likes

The 2013 version of Carrie. With my 13 yo daughter…

Possibly not entirely appropriate but I was about the same age when I saw the original, which was waaaaaaay better.

Isle of dogs.
Had a silly grin for half an hour. Then it became less of a novelty. But still had some superb moments.
I approve.

We tried Solo and the Avengers but the damn PS4 couldn’t play them.
Red sparrow was fun, if implausible (hardly a sin for a film). All the Money in the World was a little dull, and Oceans 8 was formulaic and had acting from great to ham sandwich (like the original!).

I must have been 18 when I saw the original in the cinema. I think Barry Norman said “97 minutes of schlock horror followed by 5 seconds of sheer terror”. A lot of people screamed. We went straight to the pub and ordered doubles to steady our nerves.

VB

1 Like

https://www.my5.tv/walking-britains-lost-railways/season-1/episode-3

Very much our neck of the woods.

@stu you’d enjoy this. Has the disused station at Brentor

2 Likes

Excellent will give it a watch

I thought it was good. It showed quite a bit of walking (a rare thing these days in ‘walking’ programmes, which mostly seem to be ‘stopping at wayside attractions and chatting’). He also made the simple point that, in the summer, vegetation can very easily force you off the path. That said, he did pick a path (the railway line) which over a good chunk iof its length isn’t a right-of-way.

VB

The reopening of that line is proposed as the inland alternative to the Dawlish coastal route which is forever being closed due to landslips & lively tides. But there’ll need to be quite a lot of expensive compulsory purchases not to mention making Meldon viaduct fit for purpose again. Personally, I’m not sure I want it to happen. It’ll change the town for. the worse. OTOH I might go & get a Palmer’s rabbit pie today!

Man In the High Castle S3

crunched half of it already, should have it finished by tomorrow. love this series, it’s the reason I got Prime in the first place based on recommendations from here.

3 Likes

3! I’ve only watched the first one. I’ll need to get on it. Means there’s plenty to watch!

Never bothered watching this as child actors generally get on my nerves but this is actually very good

3 Likes