What I'm watching (Part 1)

Both series are pretty good. Dark is better imo.

1 Like

Really liked Dark, tried watching it with the dubbed English but found the original German with subtitles much more enjoyable.

Really enjoyed that,was good to get a peep inside the station.
Lived 100 yards from Brentor station for 6 months in 1980.

Would be amazing if they made it a steam journey from Bere alston to Okehampton,would be a big money spinner for tourism as well as practical transport for local travel.

Part of Stronzetto’s UK regeneration program includes the extension of the Piccadilly line to Tavistock.

2 Likes

That would be handy,Uxbridge to Tavistock,

2 Likes

We need a Tavistock - Redcar Hyperloop service and we need it now.

4 Likes

just started spooks series 7 , very pertinent in the recent problems with Russia . was also amazed to see Mi16 advertise on indeed jobs !! came across it recently in their ads

A powerful & shocking documentary about the $265 Bn a year US prison industry. The companies & people that benefit from it, the taxpayers who pay for it, the constant need for new inmates to feed the machine and the minimally paid or often entirely unpaid work the predominantly poor & black prisoners do for the government while incarcerated. It’s evident that slavery never really went away. Scandalous but well worth an hour of your time.

2 Likes

Apprenticeship course prior to full slavery at 18. :+1:

1 Like

The Expanse, S3.

On dvd, which, if it’s a dodgy one, is the best pirate DVD set I’ve ever seen, embossed slip cover, perfectly printed case sleeve and discs. Excellent picture quality and proper menus and bonus content stuff.

The only, tiny little thing that is very slightly off, is that they’re a year ahead of the UK release date and cost less than a tenner… :thinking:

gripped by spooks 7th series . brilliant

Killing Eve; one of the best things I’ve seen in a while

2 Likes

Just finished s3. This truly is a fantastic show, I love the way they’ve built the world and incorporated real characters from history. It all seems frighteningly plausible.

I watched S1 but never got round to it after that (it’s not something the Wench enjoys so it’s solo watching only), really should find the rest of it.

1 Like

Ditto

It’s very well written. The frightening bit (well, one of them) is how easy it appeared to spread hatred and fear in the USA and get them actively participating in genocide. I know it’s only fiction, but in some places it’s only a veneer away from possible realities.

Yes, indeed, you could see it panning out in exactly the way they’ve imagined it.

Based on a Philip K Dick book. 'Nuff said (OK, some of his books are a bit more than a veneer away …).

VB