What I'm watching (Part 1)

Guitar Heroes - BBC4

1 Like

I got to S1 E3 before I got bored with it and the implausibility of the plot

Finished watching that yesterday. Very enjoyable.

Has anyone watched Black Earth Rising and is it worth the effort? I watched the first couple of episodes and lost interest.

1 Like

Iā€™ve accidentally binge watched seven episodes of Salvation on Netflix today.

Itā€™s an easy programme to criticise - all the stereotypes of implausibility are here - but if (like me) you find it easy to suspend disbelief, itā€™s great fun. And Iā€™m a real sucker for asteroid-hitting-the-earth yarns, so whatā€™s not to like?

www.netflix.com/title/80171099?source=android

3 Likes

Last leg.

Chris O Dowd is ftuningly sucked.

Eh? :thinking:

Shitfaced.

3 Likes

Iā€™m on Series 2 :grin:

The Enfield Haunting

1 Like

Brrr!

Can you feel it. Doc that was on bbc4 the last few weeks

Good first episode,but 2 and 3 went a bit rubbish

Surprised they had nothing on the London dance scene from the 70s with global village ,cheeky Petes,crackers etc

1 Like

Watching S2 myself, now. Utterly ludicrous and pretty dreadful performances and scripting and even incidental music, but oddly enjoyable, perhaps because of all of the preceding stuff.

S2 seems much worse so far. Itā€™s gone from edgy and pacy to that American series thing where they want it to last forever, so there are silly plot twists and so on. I wonder if they have just saved money on writers or something.

Jesus. Itā€™s getting fucking stupid now. Canā€™t. Stop. Watching. Like. Car. Crashā€¦

Asteroid disaster shows are all fucking shit without exception. Itā€™s what you make when you donā€™t have any ideas for something interesting.

1 Like

Looking forward to this if thatā€™s the right sentiment - being shown on the BBC in November

2 Likes

A guy at work went to see it at the cinema and said it was utterly brilliant,

I saw a clip of it and it looked amazing. I hope it does for WWI what Ken Burnsā€™ The Civil War documentary series did for the American Civil War.

1 Like

Britains cocaine epidemic was pretty compelling watching , seeing as so many take it from all aspects of society .

http://www.channel5.com/show/cocaine-britains-epidemic/