What I'm watching (Part 1)

I’ve given up halfway through s02e04. It’s really bad, which is a shame as I really enjoyed the first series.

I’ve now started on Altered Carbon, which seems great after one episode.

Altered Carbon is great, but the books are just soooo much better.

2 Likes

I stuck it out to the end, it gets a bit better, either that or you become inured to the ludicrousity.

Like Ólan says, altered carbon is well worth the effort, some really great performances. On the other hand, you get to see James Purefoys cock a bit too much.

ludicrosity

Watching the original Robocop. So, good, and such a shame the remake was devoid of the cynical humour of the original.

2 Likes

Wait until you get to the last episode. I won’t spoil your enjoyment by telling you just how bad it gets. :slight_smile:

I’ve seen it, hummingbird and all that.

Indeed. I believe the term ‘jumping the shark’ was coined for this exact plot twist.

1 Like

I bet they nicked it directly from The Expanse, wrt Eros.

Watched Apostle the other night on Netflix, so you don’t have to :tired_face:

Tombstone :smiley:

movies4men

Robocop, again, this time Lauren is watching too. She liked the bit where ED-209 shot the executive guy and the boss of OCP said, “Dick, I’m very disappointed…”

1 Like

Just back from a screening of the full restored version of Metropolis in the last remaining old picture-house in Sheffield. Live music accompaniment (violin, cello, piano and percussion). Brilliant evening! https://filmhubnorth.org.uk/yorkshire-silent-film-ltd

6 Likes

Oh wow, I’d love to see that!

Well worth it if you get the chance. Full 3 hours, with an intermission at 2hr. The musicians, improvising, were brilliant - seamless integration with the film.
edit - this is the chap who was leading the music https://www.facebook.com/jonnybestmusic/

3 Likes

We finished the 10 episode series Trust tonight.This was a fine thing. First 3 episodes and the general tone directed and set by Danny Boyle.A great 70s soundtrack, violence, substance abuse & utter cuntishness. Some lovely cars too. Don’t miss.

1 Like

Five episodes in. Donald Sutherland should have been a meat man.

1 Like

Love that film. Val Kilmer is brilliant in it.

1 Like

Later to see Olivia Chaney

Marc Almond needs to call it a day. :flushed: