What I'm watching (Part 1)

I’m pretty bored by Westworld. It seems to be a triumph of blood and boobs over actual plot (might blame the original author for that though). I do like the way the pianola in the saloon plays familiar tunes though. The last episode I saw featured ‘A Forest’ by The Cure

It also did ‘Paint It Black’ by The Stones and ‘Black Hole Sun’ by Soundgarden amongst others

Have you worked out that [spoiler]the timelines and narrative aren’t linear, and there are at least two, if not three going on?

The two lads in the park are from the past, and there are lots of visual clues to back this up. I’m almost sure one becomes the man in black.

It would be interesting to watch again when this becomes obvious, to see how it’s done.
The scene on the train was from two eras, for example, as the men vanished from the second shot of the coffin.

It’s a bit dull bit far more interesting as you start to work out how you have been fooled. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bernard is Arnold recreated, and a plant by Ford to get the woman to open up…[/spoiler]

To be honest I have fallen asleep too many times while watching it to be sure of much of what is happening. I rarely watch TV but recall reading the original novel and seeing the Movie on TV when I was a kid.

Obvious, “I’m really clever because I’ve worked out a couple of things so I’ll fuck it up for anybody else who plans to watch it” post is obvious :rolling_eyes:

It’s hardly a spoiler and will improve how most people watch it. It stops becoming a bit dull and starts to get interesting working out how it’s fooling you.
Once I clicked it become far more appealing and fun to watch.

Or, I’d have avoided spoiling anyone’s fun.

Obviously

I have just purchased Blackadder Remastered - The Ultimate Edition for £14 from Tesco. I shall be mostly watching that.

1 Like

Watched the first series of Blacklist last week and am half way through the first series of Lucifer this weekend. Both pretty good but nothing special.

I’m still working my way through year 53 of Coronation Street…

4 Likes

I rather enjoyed it. A good 8 part series with Riz ahmed, John Turturro and Michael K Williams. Definitely worth a look on Sky Atlantic catch-up.

Planet Earth 2.

It’s brill.

2 Likes

yes Rob - excellent :thumbsup:

1 Like

Do we need two threads about what’s on the gogglebox?
Maybe a mod can merge them - or just reset the forum.:smiley:

3 Likes

Spoiler alert for those who want to avoid anything…

Westworld article that neatly ties up some theories. There are some definites in here for me, and some possibles.

Anyone who is in two minds about reading it may consider it can become even more entertaining when you are able to watch it and see the hidden things you have missed. It’s not a spoiler to say you may all have seen something and thought it wasn’t quite right or there was a glitch… people appearing and then not there in scenes.

I’m going to have to watch it again now… to see if I can make more sense of it. These aren’t true spoilers as they are more theories and links to scenes where you can read into what was said or seen.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/11/westworld-theories-multiple-timelines-who-is-the-man-in-black-who-is-arnold-who-is-wyatt

The density of this plot is such that there is no way you could possibly take it all on in one sitting. I’m trying to decide whether to re watch now or wait until the end.

I think the visual clues are going to be interesting on a repeat viewing.

What people have on, or don’t have on!

…mirrors.

Last of the Obama in the Whitehouse series on the BBC.

Shame he couldn’t get more done due to the Republicans. I don’t like Republicans much.

I’m struggling with Westworld tbh, it’s either blindingly obvious and a very simple storyline, or it’s total gobbledygook, and repetitive rubbish…

Anyhow I’ll persevere for the time being…

Channel 4

2 Likes

Started Game of Thrones S6.

Keep meaning to get into this. Never watched one. I have a set of the books sitting there but haven’t been bothered to read them. Might start watching it soon.