What I'm watching (Part 1)

Have you read the book?

La Casa De Papel - Netflix with subs - Continues to impress as the robbery unfolds. It seems storytelling is not a completely lost art. The characters are, for the most part, well developed. Minor gripe with the musical score which would have benefited from being all Spanish. The first episode is the worst (A fair few cliches but still new somehow) as the episodes progress the holes are filled and the twists become more enthralling.

my wife wants me to see that downsizing film but looks awful to me , anyone seen it ?

No I havenā€™t to be honest, is it worth reading?

:nerd_face:

Wibble hatstand :+1:

Iā€™ve been watching the Punished on Netflix following a rec on here. Itā€™s good, far better than I was expecting .

season4

2 Likes

Really need to watch the last few episodes of that.

Binge watched it all in under a week.

1 Like

Watched the first episode of Altered Carbon.

Not sure yetā€¦need to see moar :thinking:

1 Like

Took the children to see Darkest Hour yesterday evening, they thoroughly enjoyed it which is heartening. Makes a change from some kind of dumb shoot-em-up and Iā€™m not sure they believed they would be drawn in by plain old drama. We may be getting to the stage where dad can enjoy the cinema AND take the whole family. :+1:

4 Likes

I liked it.

2 Likes

Very long time since I last watched this one.

2 Likes

I seem to have hit the zeitgeist bang on - Iā€™d forgotten that itā€™s an orgy of R2R action, Nagra no less.

1 Like

That was one of the first French films I ever saw. Itā€™s fucking ace as well.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the first episode and woke up to see the last 5 minutes of the second. Iā€™m sure it was just old age not a reflection on the material.

The Cloverfield Paradox on Netflix. It feels a bit like a Dr Who in space story.

Altered Carbon. For some reason I could see Stallone playing Kovacs.

Silence of the Lambs

C5

Just brilliant

Oh, and senator, just one more thing. Love your suit

4 Likes