What's in my advent calendar today

Somebody is most definitely dropping a hint, but it is more subtle than simple simply arguing that I smell like a tramp. All of the stuff in this ‘Grooming Essentials’ pack is correctly sized to be ok for your hand luggage. I foresee having to set foot outside the door and actually engage with Johnny Foreigner at some stage next year.

3 Likes

Wow, what a shit advent calendar.

Still, if you can endure the daily insults to your personal hygiene right to the bitter end, you might (one day) be as lucky as this bloke:

2 Likes

Well blow me, it’s another IPA.

This time an 8% DIPA from Deya in Cheltenham, or “Chelten Hem” as my aunt would have pronounced it.

100% Idaho 7 hops.

2 Likes

I got sent one by KEF. It has uni-Q baubles on it

It does however have little Lindt chocolates in it so it’s not all bad

5 Likes

Having taken the picture I assume you put the choc back in and returned the whole lot on the grounds of maintaining priofessional integrity.

The bitterest pill I ever had to swallow

Something like that, yeah…

In a shocking turn of events, it’s an NEIPA.

2 Likes

I was mooching around in the garage and decided to sneak a peek at tomorrow’s beer.

At the beginning of this endeavour I predicted much IPA, punctuated with the occasional barking mad stout.

Did I call it or what?

Less bonkers than this dreadful idea.

Protip: decent beer doesn’t need to be flavoured with dingleberry puree.

3 Likes

Just my luck. Bought a Katie Price advent calendar and all the flaps are already wide open… :frowning:

3 Likes

Did you get that joke off tinternet or did you make it up?

1 Like

I have never had an original thought in my entire life - no plans to start now :+1:

3 Likes

who? 1970s centre fold?

One of the wife’s team has given this for me

4 Likes

Ooh, score.

That’s a really nice haul.

He knows I’m all about the belief in denial

It’s been a while since I’ve been able to see her folks and restock

Not cynical at all, no siree :smile:

The one from ANUK has a dollop of badger poo behind each door.

2 Likes