Which non-alcoholic beverage are you currantly enjoying?

Milk in tea just ruins/masks/dilutes the taste of the tea.

Black tea, no sugar = lovely.

3 Likes

This is my fave

Ah, memory recovery comes with sitting down to a hot supper.

These lunch pods have proved useful when you run out of summer fruit. Frozen cherries and raspberries defrost in the open overnight, giving better than supermarket not-from-concentrate.
Around 33% cheaper in Aldi.

[https://www.amazon.co.uk/Polar-Gear-500ml-Lunch-berry/dp/B0063AY3V8]

This combination proved the ginger honey is a real zinger.

And now on to breakfast tea. None of your namby-pamby Scottish or English breakfast teas here, thank you, except for guests. No the hard stuff is…

Image result for m&s fairtrade chai

Whole range of dunking choices available, but I’ve gone for a couple of handfuls of almonds and cashews.

yes it is delicious and can give you stamina i believe , it does make your poo red so don`t think you are dying of bowel cancer !!!

Just tried this from M&S. Very refreshing.

1 Like

I found it sickly sweet, why do they feel the need to add sugar?

No idea but I have a sweet tooth so I liked it a lot. The M&S Freshly squeezed lemonade is also very good. It may be more to your taste as it is quite tart. Still has sugar though.

This. I’m largely teetotal because reasons. I like a lot of the foo lemonade/presse/ginger beer that M&S do. Nearly all of it is far too sweet. I tend to dilute it with soda water and drink it with tons of ice and fresh lime.

1 Like

we make our own lemon/lime ade - fresh lime or lemon, sparking water

1 Like

Impressive. I could do that if I wasn’t a massively lazy cunt.

1 Like

sometimes we make this but with about half tsp sugar and a pinch of salt

I first had similar years ago when working in India

1 Like

@MGOwner makes really fab ginger beer. Sadly it is also fairly potent, otherwise I would harass him for supplies. It would be a travesty to make a zero alcohol variant. I wish a commercial zero abv variety could achieve the same depth of flavour and bite.

squeeze a lime add soda? I thought I was lazy…

I have tasted it but ginger beer doesn’t do it for me. Louise liked it

I don’t like fizz. So I’d have to squeeze the lemons & lime, add some chilled Scottish tap water, add liberal amounts of dissolved caster sugar. I’ve got a headache already. I love M&S.

Good idea, must get some soda water and fresh limes in.

I try to keep some bottles of San Pellegrino by to dilute the over-sweet ones.

Another damp Sunday, but thanks to the ginger honey, I can substitute Lidl set honey and half a teaspoon of stem ginger for similar taste.
Waiting for the thyme honey to come on the shelves - might try stuffing a twig of thyme in honey for two or three weeks, see how it goes.

The other natural accompaniment to tea breaks is chocolate.
Adopting my usual mix and match approach, the past week has been pleasantly punctuated by alternating between these two (aldi and sainsbury’s orange) :slight_smile:

Image result for aldi peruvian chocolate

Image result for sainsbury dark taste difference orange chocolate

Hooray! My equivalent of the Beaujolais Nouveau race is complete for the summer.

Image result for hilltop raw thyme honey

Image result for arla protein milk

excellent in

Image result for dutch harvest hemp tea