Wtd Oris 250 horns

Long shot but has anyone got a pair of these for sale.

Might work if you squint a bit

1 Like

They’re about the same size!

I can sell you Oris Swings, if you ask me nicely!

1 Like

Fallen out of love with the Swings?

Not really but soon I will move to a smaller room with hardly any space for such a big speaker. Still they are gorgeous.

What size room do they need, If they are like Avantgardes you need to be a minimum number of meters away I believe for the sound from the drivers to integrate?

well certainly there’s always some distance needed - in my room they have 3 meters horn mouth to a listener position, plus half a meter behind to the wall

Thanks but i was just after the 250 horns i have a pair of Oleg Rullit 8 inch field coils and wanted to try them in some horns they are in open baffle at the moment.

Thats really interesting so you are using a pair of these? High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Sounds like they wont make youe ears bleed like some Lowthers :scream:

Yes those are the ones and they are fantastic i have had lowthers and voxativ and these are better then both,in open baffle at the moment with 2 15 inch bass drivers.

I have tried a few of these types but always found them shouty but not come across this one before, German I belive like Voxativ.
This new Cube Audio Polish made full range has been getting rave reviews but not had chance to hear one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7dvPyr5T0

KJF Audio in the UK has strated selling their bare drivers too.

Currently have Fostex FE206 full range in tall TQWT cabinets but they can get a bit hot in the treble but not as bad as the Lowther

When i was using lowther and the voxativ i filtered out the top end and added a tweeter to be fair the voxativ drivers were very good only changed them cause i always wanted to try field coils glad i did.Yes the cubes are supposed to be very good lots of good reports.