WTD: record weight/clamp

Thanks. Not really seen much mention of them anywhere.

I think they’re a thing that look like they should work, sooooo… :man_shrugging:

Who knows, maybe it does what it does at frequencies that aren’t produced by banging the platter with a glockenspiel hammer?

I was thinking they may help with warps.

Handy if the warp is on the periphery or the record is dished but will not do much to really flatten deep rippling or severe buckling. This record was still sealed and over time the shrink had shrunk some more causing the record to dish - Playable with the periphery clamp - not so without.

3 Likes

I remember the pig used it on a Cranfield rock not sure it did anything.

Ah, sorry I was thinking of those giant o rings that go around the outer edge, not the edge clamp thingies.

1 Like

Ah, I stand corrected. I also owned a Revolver TT (lovely sounding thing) and, you’re right, it did sound better with the Pig.

1 Like

@edd9000 Wankel hats are the best hats :+1:

4 Likes

Will be using the new hat for the first time later. I am almost catatonic with anticipation.

2 Likes

I’m to lazy to use one. Hth

This has got me thinking I’m using a weight all the time I’m going to try without and see if there is any difference.

1 Like

Always worth a go.

Prefer a lighter weight clamp like the Michell one.

1 Like

The Clearaudio smart clamp was very good on my old Clearaudio. The heavier matching wooden weight looked nicer though.