Yet another new dealer

There’s a new dealer opening up very close to me (actually about 50m from where I live!)

Walking by today I had a quick chat, turns out that they’re independent, focusing on six figure hifi and home cinema systems, acoustic treatment and home automation. I guess I’m not the target audience!

up or down the hill? same side of the Rd?

you could change that by inviting them to your dungeon

2 Likes

Sell them a six figure floribunda climbing wall for ‘remote viewings’.

2 Likes

Same side, towards the station

1 Like

With nothing but affection for you and your basement of curios, I’m not completely convinced there is any viable business model that could be built around your custom…

1 Like

At the same time I wonder how big the market is for six-figure hi-fi and AV systems.

Sure the buyers exist, but how many?

Dunno but if I were going to place such an establishment, it’s pretty much on an axis from Virginia Water to St Albans. The key aspect is ‘home automation’ because that is almost exclusively active at that sort of price now. I imagine (that is to say, I’m ready to be proved wrong) that two channel and AV systems will generally come in a bit less than that.

2 Likes

On the other hand look at dealers like Audiobarn and HiFi Lounge that have shifted to selling brands like Magico, Wilson Audio, Tidal, etc. etc. Clearly that’s where the money is to be made in hifi.

1 Like

So no affection whatsoever then. :+1:

5 Likes

Not true. I quite admire it and I am quite prepared to believe that on the occasions where it turns on and functions as an audio system, it can sound bloody good. I just don’t want it anywhere near me.

2 Likes

Setting the bar quite high there. :grin:

2 Likes

Harsh but fair

2 Likes