Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Beware, this is frequently used as a stalking horse for “doing exactly what we’ve always done, only now we’ve got swim-lanes”.

Just to top off with a bit of irony he’s had the plasma screens removed that used to display the network monitoring and had a kanban board put on the wall with all the projects on post-it-notes.

When I pointed we had digital signage software that could do that was told that software removes flexibility.

1 Like

I trust that you smacked him upside his stupid face?

I will once he’s signed my 3 month extension next week :wink:

1 Like

has he recently left a leadership role at Gatwick airport?

1 Like

Olan, very sorry to hear, not sure if there’s anything that I can do practically but you need only ask mate

1 Like

Kanban
Are they following full Six Sigma process or have they just cherry picked a buzzword and a board?

1 Like

Very much just cherry picking, he’s very proud that ICT have 200x in flight projects with corresponding post-it-notes, doesn’t matter that they’ve deemed what should be a simple CR piece of work is now a project.

I have seen Kanban boards work very well (not with post it notes though)
On both occassions they were on just in time manufacturing processes. One at Toyota and one at Jaguar.

@htm_1968
Hope things go well with the pooch

1 Like

Pooch update: mucho painkillers so she is struggling. Looks like no massive soft tissue issues. She has a fractured vertebrae but I’m told it is minor. The vet did mention the severity of the attack in a diplomatic fashion. We’ll be investigating a dangerous dog order or whatever TF they are called now for that hound. Just lucky it wasn’t a kiddy rather than our JRT.

Many thanks for the support chaps. You bunch of ugly cunts :innocent:

22 Likes

Well that sounds like good news. Sort of.

:+1:

1 Like

I guess the kennels are paying him/her.

Fingers crossed that this turns out well Olan, or at least as well as you can hope for.

VB

1 Like

I don’t think this was kanban but it’s nice to see that post-its have a long tradition in this area

VB

@htm_1968 really sorry to hear of your doggy trouble Olan, I hope all turns out ok. :pray:t5:

1 Like

Great news. I remember one of our JR’s had a dispute with a Doberman cross a few houses away from us, one day both dogs went from playing to wanting to rip each other to pieces.
On that occasion the DB ripped a big chunk of flesh from our JR’s back, it needed a few operations to fix. After that we had to coordinate taking the dogs out with the BD owner as both dogs would charge straight to the other house and ram the door like mentalists. One day about six years later the inevitable happened and both dogs met in the street. Our JR lunged straight for the DB’s cock and locked on to it, it took my old man about 15mins to eventually prize our dogs jaws open, it had completely changed colour from white to red. The DB was never the same after that :laughing:. Hard little dogs Jack Russells, I’m sure Pixie will make a full recovery

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for Pixie, really hope she is on the mend and returns as unscathed by her experience as possible. ( hope the children are ok, I’m sure they’ll make a big fuss of the little one ).

@htm_1968 I hope it all works out ok with Pixie

I would hope the kennel staff that allowed that to happen would be severely reprimanded or worse.

1 Like

She was very critical of (a) the kennel allowing this to happen and (b) the owners of the other dog in terms of unprovoked attacks.

The Kennel owner’s insurance is paying the vet, followed by our insurance if we have to claim. I’m not sure about the liability of the other dog owner right now.

Dunno. Possibly, but I’m not clued up on the details yet.