Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Saw that earlier. What wankers!

Fuck off :unamused:

very very bad news indeed , very sorry to hear about the house

cockpunch to my idiotic neighbours who continue in their plan to increase their house by 50% to 8 beds .this week after building since april they finally decided they ought to get planning permission [ only because i reported them so many times !!]

they now want to excavate foundations of 1m deep right next to a poplar tree which last year was 80 foot high . costing me thousands to fight this case which is very annoying and very very stressful indeed

they also want to build a massive wall 7cm from my beloved ron smith galaxie aeriel so i can`t see that surviving long . we would have taken them to court but the solicitors said we needed thousands in case we lost . could have got a 30k premium insurance [ non refundable ] but thats not happening !!

What are the Council doing Phil?
Surely planning must be getting involved?
The fact that they have done a lot of work should make no difference to the planning decision, if planning is refused they will have to take it back to what it was.

1 Like

yes , the enforcement officers went round but they were very blase about it , " oh they`ve knocked down the garage and are building on the roof …thats permiited development . when i pointed out the loft cobversion was extending beyond original rear wall they seem to have effected a change . they are pretty overworked i guess .

so far i think they have more or less stuck to permitted development so we shall see if they get pp . needless to say they will be getting a comprehensive dossier of pictures and objections and quotes from restrictive covenants

contacted my councillor who will be on planning committe and she got straight back to me . got a right to light surveyor coming this week but thats 1.5k !!! been trying for 3 months to get a surveyor here but no one wanted to know so they must have too much work i guess

Get the other neighbors to write to the local authority planning objecting, just one person objecting is rarely enough.

Also, write to the TV programme cowboy builders and send some pictures. Invite them over and copy in the chief planning officer of the council.

2 Likes

yes only one other neighbour is really bothered , the one with a tree that could fall on them . the others are not bothered really . its the fashion in this road to build enormous places , they would build in the road if they could get away with it !!!

Take a video of them being cowboys and upload it to Youtube and contact the local press and national press.

yes writing to cowboy builders is right … they built the extension in the garden with all the insulation in april and its been there ever since getting soaked and deterioting

P1060396 by , on Flickr

and here thery tried taking down a party wall twice which holds up our joists in the conservatory . thats now subject to party wall dispute with another surveyor involved

P1060394 by , on Flickr

Some world class cuntishness going on there Phil. What an eyesore. Hope you win.

1 Like

Any legal cover with your house insurance you could call on?

Which legal services is about ÂŁ50 for the year which might be worthwhile for some advice

2 Likes

I don’t think you should be worried about having legal costs awarded against you. More likely you’d get costs against them.

I think you should seriously consider getting an injunction to stop them doing any more work. If they breach the injunction they’d be in breach of a Court order and that carries a prison sentence.

1 Like

Yes started using legal insurance some months ago thanks to ziggy. They have extensively looked at case and it’s them that warned about having substantial funds in case you lose.i can’t handle the stress of that .just fighting like hell on planning front and right to light surveyors and party wall legislation

1 Like

Thanks hermit, yes decidedly upsetting

Sell up and move as an option? Life is too short to get stressed out over bricks and motor surely.

Because the best time to sell is when your neighbour is doing huge amounts of illegal alterations :wink:. No danger of losing money.

4 Likes

mortar

You’d have to declare the issues to any prospective purchaser.

I think you should contact your MP. This normally makes the Council pull their finger out.

1 Like