Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

'Mercan innit.

The actual reasons

http://www.ukpia.com/industry_issues/health-and-safety/mobile-phones-on-forecourts.aspx

That’s just how I feel when I have to attend the compulsory forecourt safety UKPIA two day course. (every two years)

2 Likes

We have annual 2 day refreshers of procedures which have a similar effect.

2 Likes

Deep irony. Well played.

• There were no confirmed ignition incidents associated with mobile phones anywhere in the world.
  • Mobile phones, although not specifically designed to standards as ‘protected equipment’, pose a negligible ignition risk, and one that is far less than other ignition sources on a fuel forecourt

contact is Jamie Baker - ex civil servant and has a BTech in Music, Sound Engineering and Production / Management and, Lighting & Design, all very worthwhile but . . .

then we have the programme of building 6’ - 8’ fences around infant schools, why? Because of stranger danger when in fact no child has ever been abducted in the UK by a stranger. Give it 20 years and you’ll have armed guards in towers there, you watch.Because a good man with gun etc. honestly it worries me how UK follows USA eventually

so I say all typical let’s panic at any imaginary risk FFS

JamieBulgerYerWhat?

3 Likes

WTF?

1 Like
1 Like

We all have Standards we work with boys and girls, as well as safety cases, all there for the protection of us all. Having seen the behaviours of many at petrol stations, the thought of the knuckle dragging masses being distracted by Facebook while dispensing petrol, well, no thanks.

2 Likes

Exactly WTF?
Also the fences are not there just to stop abduction.

No answer forthcoming…

That’s because it’s bollox :grinning:

2 Likes

I always assumed they were there to stop the little buggers getting out!

Near my kids school there is some public parkland that the Liverpool Council are trying to sell to developers. We fully supported the protest and the sit-in (and contributed both time and money). That is, until some of the odder protesters got off their faces and went walkabout in the kid’s school. They got in via the building site for the new prep. There were arrests etc and the hippy camp and protest died soon after :slightly_frowning_face: which was a shame.

I value the fence. Keeps the kids in, the loons out and minimises collateral damage.

3 Likes

he was 2 so not school age

they are, school governor for 15 years

from a school playground - note STRANGER

You didn’t say from a school yard.