Yorkshire Dales roast-off Sep 14th to 16th 2018 - LAST YEAR

:grinning:

Guys, I’m going to bail on this one, because reasons. Feel free to retain my bacon contribution to ensure @Jim doesn’t waste away…

1 Like

Going to have to cancel.
I am sure it will be a great weekend.
Enjoy.
If deposit is not needed for food, please donate to the running of the forum.

1 Like

So is your boy still coming? Can’t blame him wanting a weekend away from you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Dave ! With places unfilled and people dropping out. , will you be out of pocket financially ?

We’ve all paid, so if anything there should be a slight surplus for the food kitty. Or maybe the forum, as Gregg suggests.

1 Like

Hire of the place is 800 quid, which has been paid. At 30 quid each that means break-even for accomodation only at 27 bodies. Any income over this will go to food and booze. I had hoped to cover the food cost, but we may need to have a top-up kitty beacuse we are some way off full (28 coming out of 36 places, plus Gregg & Adam’s payments).

Sorry to lose folk at this stage, but regular life will mean that some have to pull out.
Thanks to Gregg and Adam for volunteering their payments to the kitty.

From now on I will have to say no refunds, in order to maintain financial viability.

Hope everyone else can make it. If you know anyone else who might like to come along then please ask them to contact me.

If anyone else is local enough to pop along for a day then please get in touch.

Cheers, Dave

5 Likes

Scarily good timing @octh - I’d forgotten all about this till this morning so logged back in to check the dates and booked the Friday off work.

Happy if extra money is required. Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve spoken to the owners, and at present the place is empty just before and after us. As long as this remains, we can arrive after 2.30pm on Friday and we won’t be booted out early on Sunday as long as we do a reasonable cleanup job.
I’ll try to get there first to sort things out.

4 Likes

Ferry booked :+1:

10 Likes

Fuck, I’m out I’m afraid.

I’ve just clocked that I promised to help a friend with his stall and organising for this, and I owe him one

https://www.vdubsinthevalley.co.uk :love_you_gesture:

Same weekend ffs.

Stick my money in the kitty.

Aaaargh… dropping like flies!!!

More pork pie for the rest of us…

3 Likes

Not sure Wayne would have been bothering the pie much…

2 Likes

Warm apple pie maybe…

Bothering that in all sorts of ways?! I’ve seen the film…

Doh, I’d forgotten he’s a Vulcan…

At least I don’t have to make a lettuce korma for Friday evening :-):grin:

6 Likes

Really fucking gutted, been looking forward to this as soon as I got back from Lopwell.

Mate car round last night for a drink and said ‘you’re still okay to do x and y aren’t you?’ Yeah sure, sure. Looked at the website dates this morning - balls :roll_eyes:

Just realized I hadn’t booked the Friday off work…now sorted :+1:

1 Like

I’m booking the Friday off work as well so we can be up there nice and early.

1 Like