You had them, you teach them

They are beasts at thumb wars. .

1 Like

If theyā€™re much like the teachers I know, theyā€™ll prolly learn something from the kidsā€¦ :poop:

5 Likes

To add a semi-=serious rant to this, my other half is a nurse and I write software, so one (rather important) keyworker, and one, who gives a fuck, capitalist lackey. This means that our local school is refusing to take our 8 year old during quarantine. This is fair enough as I can / have reshuffle my work hours to fit around the wifeā€™s shifts, but this does mean she has little or no downtime to relax which is another argument all together.
The thing that pisses me off is the list of keyworker jobsā€¦

• Nurses / firemen / police / ambulance - yep fine we all expected that.
  • Delivery drivers - ok, i can kind of see that although thereā€™s a group with their own gas masks that could chip in called the army.
  • Shop assistant - hmmmm getting a bit silly now - the armed forces could definitely chip in here - after all whoā€™s going to deny granny hilda her bread and milk if thereā€™s an armed squaddie eyeballing you.
  • Journalists, bank / financial staff - what the fucking fuck?

As I said Iā€™m alright as I work from home anyway and can rearrange my hours but this is just beyond a joke with that last lot - a few people to load up the ATMā€™s and close the fucking banks and newspapers. TV and internet for important stuff only - there shouldnā€™t be any news anyway - everyone should be at fucking home.
'fucks sake.

Youā€™ve mostly made that list up. Shop workers arenā€™t on it, only those involved with food. Food is important, you knowā€¦

1 Like

The real list is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

Thatā€™s a long listā€¦ good job all those people are well cared for and financially protected for when we need them eh?

Maybe he is a key worker after all - journo, politician :lying_face:

1 Like

I assume that is per hour?

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say ā€˜made it upā€™.

Iā€™d accept over exaggerated for the purpose of setting oneā€™s self up for pedantic fuckers to bleat at or maybe deliberately taken out of context to both, have a bit of a moan and become a target of those who loose their sense of humor when faced with a bit of strife.

Seriously though which job mentioned in my OP is ā€˜made upā€™ and not on the official gooberment list?

Its going ok but ive done fuck all work, just hope i dont get too many emergency breakdowns. I might just have to drag them out more than normal

lose

4 Likes

The hilarious thing is, I could get a key worker letter if I wanted.

Itā€™s hard to imagine anybody further from a key worker than me. Itā€™s pretty fucked up but I suppose like all macro gov things, itā€™s hard to account for the micro.

iWqhEiE

1 Like

My work deemed me essential but not critical. I waved them a big fuck offā€¦ Looks like they will catch up with an announcement tomorrow. In the meantime all the minions are working from home or otherwise fucked off

Oh the joy. Parents panicking at having to spend time with their children :rofl::rofl: the expressions on some of our pupilā€™s parents faceā€™s was hilarious. To be fair most of ours did the right thing, a few took the piss, the key worker list needs rationalising if school closures are going to work.

1 Like

Just had a mate say that heā€™s not entitled to this 80% wage thing as he wouldnā€™t be laid off so he has to get by on 1 days wage and ssp. No idea if this is correct or bs from his employer.

We are fine there are 3 adults in our house 2 work one home from uni and the boy so between ya we can shuffle shifts and work / study from home to cope. Not a problem.

I also ya e friends and family who are self employed and canā€™t work at home (one just starting her business) who are entitled to not a lot.

Like everything with recent governments it all seems shat out not thought out.

Luckily for me, Claire is a teacher, so she gets to teach them, or at least supervise them doing the work school/college has set them.

As for the key worker thing, Iā€™m on the list, but seeing as:

A: Claireā€™s at home anyway, albeit having to be available for her pupils to contact/send work to and from.

B: Theyā€™re 15 & 17, they donā€™t need babysitting.

Weā€™re not using up the schools resources.

5 Likes

Good on ya. Iā€™m not taking the spaces allocated to my kids. The wife is working from home now so she has to supervise them, she wasnā€™t particularly happy about it but their schools have set work and Iā€™ve set them a few challenges to keep them thinking.
In retaliation my wife made me strip at the door, bag my clothes and get straight in the shower. So much for washing hands.

5 Likes

I hope she let you in first :grinning:

5 Likes