YouTube music ramblings

I know just watching him sussing it out, he has total respect to the music.

1 Like

Bob Scaggs was 78 yesterday. Jeez, it makes me feel old!

This is a live show in 2004 performing Lowdown from his masterpiece Silk Degrees

https://youtu.be/UV1pSLEX8oY

4 Likes

Will give Silk Degrees a spin this evening prompted by that.

3 Likes

It never ages for me, it will always be one of my classic albums.

Meanwhile, this collaboration with Duane Allman is as good as modern electric blues get IMO

https://youtu.be/Vv60Dz9hUPo

I often wonder what Duane Allman would have gone on to produce had it not been for his tragic accident. Such a talent.

The song is from Somebody Loan Me A Dime - Fenton Robinson - and if anyone knows of a good vinyl copy, Iā€™ll snatch their hands off.

1 Like

You Tube is now creating content on You Tube content.
But quite good all the same (fast forward through the wargaming ads)

2 Likes

Just came across this.
Two of my favourite artists covering this Fred Neil classic

1 Like

Beth Orton is bloody brilliant. Her voice gives me goosebumps at times. Iā€™m glad, from an entirely selfish perspective, that she didnā€™t make it really big so I can still get to see her in small intimate venues.

In case you didnā€™t know, that collaboration is also on this excellent EP

Thanks, I wasnā€™t aware of that, I have all the albums but missed that EP. :+1:

1 Like

What youā€™ve all been waiting for.
Everything in its right place, all done with one blokes voice

Beth Rowley from recent EP

1 Like

yeah I watched that the following day, I did find the guy slightly annoying.

Iā€™ve watched a few of the Drumeo vids while Iā€™m stuck at home with Covid, including the Phil Collins appreciation one which really surprised me how much heā€™s held in respect as a drummer, not sure why I should be surprised but I was.

He would rate as one of the greatest of all time. His variety and delivery was exceptional.
I would rate him as in the Top Ten Prog, Top 20 Rock, and Top 50 Jazz/Fusion drummers.

2 Likes

I never knew about the Jazz/fusion, really surprised me.

For me I really only know him from his pop music and later poppy Genesis and I knew he was a good drummer but not that good.

Iā€™ve been watching a genesis reunion interview on youtube this morning. Really amazing how lacking in knowledge I am of bands such as them

Have a search through Brand X clips. Some of his work for them is just out of this world.

1 Like

Cheers will do.

Would it be fair to say it was his emergence from behind the drum kit that tainted his reputation?

I would agree with that.

I think further to that I donā€™t mind, and indeed like, Genesis when he first started to replace Gabriel but it was the direction he took them. I like Trick of the Tail and Afterglow, and Seconds Out is a real stand out for me, but after that I lost interest.