YouTube music ramblings

Excellent.
I have always loved John Martyn’s cover of that song, probably because I saw him do it live and every time I hear it, it takes me back to that gig.

1 Like

You know when you’re just sitting there and your mind is drifting about considering important stuff like can you get more salt in bacon and what happened to twerking? Then suddenly your mind alights on a train of thought so beautiful you want to shake your own brains hand and eat trifle with it?
It must have been a moment like this for the maker of this film who wanted to see Norman Wisdom bug out at an LSD party.

1 Like

1 Like
1 Like

Awesome.

I’ve seen them five times but all later concerts after Pete Baumann had left sadly. They were astonishing live but to see them doing one of their Cathedral concerts must have been mind blowing.

Don’t think I’ve heard this since it’s release,great cover

1 Like
2 Likes

Live TV performance just prior to the release of Deja Vu.

Dallas Taylor and Greg Reeves hardly ever get a mention when this album is discussed (despite getting credits on the front cover) but they were both fine musicians. It is rumoured that Reeves (bass) falsified his date of birth on a fake ID card and was only 15 when this was recorded and only 14 when he appeared with them at Woodstock!

La Singla

1 Like

Tad late for mr MWS
Probably best if you don’t play this at work, unless you’ve handed your notice in or fancy the sack

2 Likes

Stevie Wonder, totally lovely musical genius on stage knocking out Superstition.

Prince walks on, ‘Can I play?’ :grinning:

1 Like

Never heard this cover before til this morning

She goes hard…

Great 3 deck mixing and use of samples to break things up a bit.

1 Like

Surprised west end central allow that much stuff in a prisoners cell

1 Like

I almost can’t watch the vids - feel a bit nauseous just looking at the room.

1 Like

You’ve got me watching Techno sets now.
This one is a couple of years old but brilliant too.
SPFDJ / April 2 / 6pm-7pm - YouTube

Thanks, will check that out.

I feel like there’s an increasing female presence in Techno/hard dance, both DJs and producers (e.g. TSHA, Shygirl, Logic3000). It’s nice to see - feel like it was always very male dominated.

This was also a good mix - bit lighter thank VTSS but also banging…

Great performances. Never saw this before. Venus as a Boy with harpsichord accompaniment.

2 Likes