YouTube music ramblings

Maybe, but it’s no Hurricane :smirk:

As much as I like Hurricane, I personally prefer TUIB

The other great track on BOTT is Idiot Wind

1 Like

Hurricane is good but it’s way off his best for sure.

The best track on BoTT for me, though the New York version is a lot better.

1 Like
1 Like

Hurricane is my favourite all time Dylan song. You are rong :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Straight of the top of my head

It’s All Over Now Baby Blue
Most Of The Time
Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
Masters of War
Changing of the Guard
Sara
Don’t Think Twice It’s Alright
She Belongs To Me
Forever Young

Are all a lot better that Hurricane. I proved that scientifically over 20 years ago

@pmac
Pretty much perfection right there

1 Like

Some of the bootleg series have some great versions of the originally released songs. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 8 / Tell Tale Signs has a version of Mississippi that murders the original.

I think a lot of it is that they haven’t been fucked about with and just sound like a well recorded live performance

Because I’m a complete Dylan nerd, and have been since the late 60s, I have had most of official Bootleg Series for years as unofficial. Started on dodgy cassettes that could be bought via the classifieds in one of the fan magazines. When the web started up things got a lot easier. I have over 600 bootleg CDs in boxes in the loft. I must get to ripping them to my server. I still a limited edition Little White Wonder on vinyl

The version of Mississippi you cite is a belter. Loads of superb tracks spread across the series. Leaves me wondering why the fuck they weren’t released?

I have that too :+1:

Would love to hear some of those 600 CD’s though :open_mouth:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Forgot how much I liked the video. :slight_smile:

https://youtu.be/so9DBHCo64Q

2 Likes

@vacdac

The sound of my breath being taken away. And then being given back again.

5 Likes

A remarkable lady

1 Like