Any old Pics - replicating google images, one post at a time (Part 1)

T-truths

<

1 Like

The couple from the Woodstock cover still together 46 years later

9 Likes

Mr. MWS tries his hand at mechanics

4 Likes

Honey I shrunk the husband :smiley:

1 Like

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/395/31505801464_5159b44385_z_d.jpg

My Great great grandfather and mother (paternal), circa 1850.

7 Likes

Amazed that the pic is c1850 Steve, your great, great Granddad was at the bleeding edge of fashion! As far as I understand, single breasted lounge suits didn’t become common until the 1890’s and even then weren’t considered formal enough to wear for business. I have no doubt the pic is from 1850 though, as Mrs Speedy looks every bit the Victorian lady!

1 Like

He’s certainly got it going on with the mohawk :smile:

A sailors life

My Grandfather and great Aunt - late 30’s?

1 Like

If we’re sharing old family photos …

I came across a pile of pictures in a cupboard last weekend.

It being the 50s and 60s my father always had a smoke in his hand, but this one in particular made me laugh. I was thinking of adding a speech bubble along the lines of “I don’t give a fcuk how formally posed you think this photo is, I’m still not going to dock my smoke”.

That’s him one row from the front, far right, ciggie in his hand. Always the snappy dresser.

I presume the event is some kind of reunion of 4 Troop, No 10 Commando.

p.s. does anyone have the faintest idea what to do with an old FS fighting knife that was in the same cupboard?

Gloryholes?

1 Like

I had to take a magnifying glass to this in order to work out that it’s the Esso Cambria.

From a very distant memory I think he did a short stint as her master. I have a similar picture on the office wall of her sister the Dalriada which was more “his” ship.

He was also master of the Northumbria for a while, built at Swan Hunter and I think the largest vessel ever built in the UK. She was known unaffectionately as “the old cow” and they regularly had to limp back into port as a new and inventive piece had fallen off.

If you have his medals get it framed with them, my mum got my and my grandfathers medals mounted and framed together and they look really cool

My maternal grandfather holding my mother, she was 10 days old. He saw here for a day and not again for nearly 6 years.

4 Likes

Sadly our family tree is more of a deserted bonzai at present.

One of my mum with Michael aspel.

Lady on the left has a look of “wonder if he is on Yewtree list” look about her.

6 Likes

153bty 51HAA firing 3.7 qf HAA in ground support role.
Tobruk 1941.
My grandfather is behind the camera

8 Likes

Always suspected Michael Aspel of being a silver fox, charming the knickers off unsuspecting & awestruck women as he roamed the land while pretending to host the Antiques Roadshow.

3 Likes

Me circa 1992 modelling the balaclava knitted for me by my then girlfriends almost blind aunt.

5 Likes

The morning after

5 Likes

^^^ Hairstyle Of The Gods right there.

2 Likes

Me, 1984 I’d guess.

Posing like a good 'un

I have a lot less hair now, and zero mullet :cry:

4 Likes