Armchair politics

At least all the offshore tax breaks appear to be on some form of UK Dependency or Territory. Isle of Mann, Gibraltar, various Caribbean islands etc. The UK is a world beater in this respect.

Avoid I.O.M, Gibraltar and Channel Isles because the British Tax people have access.

Donald Trump found in dogs ear.

1 Like

3 and counting…

4 Likes

makes no difference, seems HRMC just sit around and watch. As longas the tax havens have some form of local law in place allowing the scam to happen, no one cares. IoM is a great place to register your private jet if you want to avoid VAT, others will allow shell companies to take your money and then loan it back via a network of other Companies, avoiding all bar 4% tax etc etc. The point being that the UK Gov know about and condone these scams.

My wife was offered the IoM loan scam as a way of receiving her pay when she worked self employed via an Agency. She declined, but knows of plenty who didn’t.

I assume the argument would be that if we didn’t allow the super rich to screw the tax system over, other Countries would step in.

A lot of Job Shoppers got done for tax evasion in our game (oil) using IOM agents. It had been going on for a few years and the recommended Bank (BHSS?) went tits up.

BCCI ? They were involved in all manner of seriously dirty dealings.

Yes that’s right.

Johnson again, he’s probably doubled the dubious sentence of the poor woman in Iran by his statement regarding the purpose of her visit to the country. I really wouldn’t want him on my side in a tiddlywinks game. Uber cunt.

What the absolute fuck? And they haven’t sacked her?

:crazy_face:

Meanwhile, this weeks entrant for the no shit Sherlock award from Boris:

:persevere:

This government has no sense of what is right and proper. What are we to make of the logic of Johnson and Patel both making serious errors of judgement and remaining in post whilst Fallon is forced out over touching a knee 15 years ago and lunging at a journalist after lunch a few years ago?

MPs topping themselves over this stuff now. Grim times.

Bloody hate it when that happens,pop off on your hols for 2 weeks,but you keep bumping into top officials of that country

4 Likes

Who’d have thought that the sexual harrassment scandal would be such a handy distraction from FO incompetence, Patel’s shiftiness, Britain’s worldwide web of tax havens, the Brexit shambles, NHS & social care disintegration, cuts to police funding and and and…?

11 Likes

Too true.

When I go on holiday I only meet minor functionaries with titles like “Inspector” and “Detective”.

9 Likes

Man City winning the league :sunglasses:

P.Patel ;likely to be sacked in hours - Robert Preston

4 Likes

Hopefully one down and one Trump wannabe to go.

And the 58 Brexit impact assessments (that few ministers have even seen) will now take 3 weeks to edit or redact.

This shambolic government oozes incompetence & dishonesty from every orifice as it limps towards its inevitable demise. From 2015 onwards we’ve had the undiluted Tory programme. Hasn’t it been a thing to behold? Here’s hoping those cheerleaders who were so dismissive of the very notion of anyone else forming a government might finally realise that this shower are an utter disaster for the country each & every time they steal control for a while.

15 Likes

Nailed it, right there.