Armchair politics

That’s just a stupid statement!
Do you know what a spy is? Usually someone who uses sources to gather information. To provide it to a government. Who do the things.

There is a huge appetite for western business to get into Russia and make use of the vast resources and labour market. Putin is petrified of infiltration and is making it clear that any western sympathisers will die. Simple.
It’s a message to his people and it’s very, very clear.

So you know this fella did nothing wrong? He simply gathered information?

Not a clue…

The Russians have been accused of being sarcastic and dismissive.

Sarcasm doesn’t tend to win arguments. I don’t care what he did. I don’t care who he was. I care that he was killed in the most ridiculous way as to make it certain that this would be world news.

There is a valid argument that the UK security forces are making substantial progress in recruiting dissenters in Russia to provide us with information and that this is simply a statement by Putin, on a soft target, that they and their families will receive the same. If true can anyone justify this?

1 Like

So your argument …

…no forget it, sorry

1 Like

I’m no lawyer, nor an expert in the english language, but isn’t that an oxymoron?

Feel free to ridicule me if that’s not the case.

But surely therefore the best way to deal with it is not to make it a big news item. Gov’t and security forces should have kept quiet and not mentioned chemical weapons or Russia.

Are you a paid up member of “hacked off”? It would have leaked quicker than a AA coach trip!

1 Like

Public safety sort of fucked that one up.

You think the free press would ignore police cars being removed on JCB and men in hazard suits??

Not even a D notice gets round that one.

We have to prefect the public and that means the very obvious scenes down south.

The EU is an institution and they have made it clear they stand completely with is. Universal support is qualified to apply to the defined term.
It doesn’t mean what you want it to, as in everyone.
You can have the universal support of any political institution without the members all signing up. Not sure what you mean to be honest.
Anyway. I suspect there’s some baiting going on so I’m done for tonight!

I am not scared by it. I accept it as fact. There is nothing I can do about the egos of the people who are addicted to power. All being scared does is play into the hands of the people want to escalate this fear for their own agendas. We then get misdirection and blame and we are back to the worst times of the cold war.
McCarthyism, reds under the beds etc. The Tories are playing that card right now,.
if you question the government you are some sort of traitor, of course it has been perfectly acceptable for Russian Oligarchs to launder money through the City of London, we even gave them huge tax breaks so they could buy up our half the property in Knightsbridge and Mayfair, all absolutely fine while the City boys are getting their bonuses while the rest of us are paying for ‘austerity’.
This Government (and Cameron’s) have played a huge con trick on ordinary people, i don’t trust them on anything they say, the NHS, the Environment, Pensions, they are selling us down the river at every opportunity.

I don’t trust one word that comes out of their lying conniving deceitful bogus mouths. They will do anytjing to feather their nests and they don’t give a shit about you, me or anyone else.

99% of the poulation are 3 months from homelessness and bankruptcy and there is no longer any sort of safety net, yet the turkeys keep voting for Christmas because of the disinformatiuon and lies that are spread.

I really don’;t give a toss if the Russians poisoned a traitor (that would be their view) Why aren’t the papers headlines, Woman Dies on Trolley in A&E because our NHS is Fucked’

and the Tories will continue to let it be fucked until it is profitable to ‘privatise it’ so they can all make more money on the rest of our misery.

Firms like this are actively involved in ‘Consutancy’ on sell offs

That is what I am scared of and condemn.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate?

Different argument.

Valid.

But it’s like apples and pears. It’s just changing the subject.

Of course he did something wrong. He was a traitor who served 10 years for his crime against the state. Then he was effectively deported.

And that should have been the end of it. But not with the Russians, who have legalised assassination of “extremists” ( i.e anyone who Putin says so) on foreign soil http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6188658.stm

This murder, and that of Litvinenko, could have been done quietly and cleanly. God knows they’re practiced enough in the wet arts, but no, both of them were done in the messiest, most traceable manner possible. They’re sending a message. And that message has a double meaning,

i: a great big Fuck You to the world, we can do this shit and there’s fuck all, in practical terms, you can do about it.

ii: A warning to all potential traitors. "We’ll get you, even if we caught you and banged you up in Siberia for a decade and you think you’ve done your time, you’ll never be safe.

They were even taking the piss out of the many deaths of double agents in Britain on Russian telly the other night, blaming it on the ‘climate’.

2 Likes

Really? 99%

I would love to see the source for that statistic

Agree.

So go back to the top of this thread where people were saying we haven’t done enough to prove this.

The argument then deteriorates. Play this out on a macro level and it’s the same. This polarises debate and leads to tensions and recriminations.

Mission accomplished. At the same time your people daren’t reach out as they know their family will die before they get to die.

There will be a fair amount of Russian sponsored shit stirring online as well. They have huge propaganda capability and will be subverting this debate at every chance. It’s just amusing the leader of our shadow government can’t stand fully behind us when it matters. It just does Putins jobfor him!

I think it’s worrying that the outcome of his thought process is the use of nerve agent on UK soil. Just as well I’m not PM, I would have gone for the whole Russian Embassy on a one way ticket home.

1 Like

I should have added ‘if they lost their jobs.’
There are a huge amount of people in debt or living hand to mouth.
I have spoken to quite a few people recently who are on good salaries and have a zero bank balance at the end of the month.

1 Like
1 Like