Brexit - Creating a Cuntocracy - Now with 4d chess option

Sadly that isn’t a great advert for the benefits of EU membership over the past 40 years. The problem is that EU membership isn’t really the cause. Nor even the money that has been spent (sometimes unwisely) in the poorer regions. The problem is a lack of investment in training and the development of new industries to replace the old heavy industry that became obsolete and uncompetitive.

4 Likes

“Lanchasire”. Very specific, isn’t it :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d say have you been there but I live in East Yorkshire. :worried:

Other than London did any region of England vote for Remain?

Merseyside.

Leamington and Warwick did.

2 Likes

The answer is none. The south East, south west, Midlands, East, north west and north east all voted to leave. There were small urban pockets within each region that voted remain. Yet people still think it was only them up north and in the East that voted leave.

And Manchester voted remain too. Ok, city, not region.

St Albans was 67% remain

My house was 100℅ remain. However, in every region bar London the English voted leave.

Joy, now the BBC has decided to get rid of the experts and interview some idiots instead. Thanks for that.

1 Like

7 Likes

In 1973 we joined the European Economic Community and The Sweet released their recording of Blockbuster with the tag, ’ We haven’t got a clue what to do’.
2016 we vote to leave the EU and Saint Theresa triggers article 50 in 2017, amazing how some lyrics stand the test of time.

1 Like

I see that Spain wants Gibraltar as part of the negotiations…

It’s telling that no one wants Scotland as part of the EU… lol.

6 Likes

Seems reasonable :unamused:

We should advise that we’ll relinquish control of Gibraltar when they relinquish control of Catalonia. That should keep them quiet for a bit.

1 Like

This is why we are going to get the worst deal possible, Spain will want to send a message to Catalonia, Galicia and the Basques that independence is going to be the worst possible solution. Italy has it’s own problems with support for Sicily’s independence growing as well.

Oh you big bunch of pessimistic naysayers. We will leave and get a deal as good as the one we had when we joined, we will get the EU to pay for it all and still control our borders and be able to use our own judges. This is so simple to achieve, even the Tories couldn’t cock it up…

Ill be back later to join in, just off out to start my flying lessons, be back in an hour or so,

1 Like