Coco BTJ-9000

Very Nice indeed.

As you appreciate quality kit, as you have Pete make your Phono, perhaps you should have had Simon customise one of these with the full Dueland CAST caps and using Tantalum film resistors with a top spec volume control. Now that would be an interesting comparison.

That is quite cute. But adding high class caps, resisters etc. to an existing design might not be as beneficial as one might hope. And if you add all of the class stuff well you would end up with Peteā€™s design. Which I have.

Iā€™d get one of these myself but those rear mounted tubes would set fire to the curtains.:frowning:

PS: what caps does it use?:grinning:

I have no clue as to the caps used but will try to find out.

Iā€™m 68. Kind of you to ask.

5 Likes

Welcome Harry. Terry is all right really but he does exhibit a certain Antipodean directness sometimes :slight_smile:.

VB

Welcome Harry. Youā€™re old enough to know better than to use childish language. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll fit in fine.

Fuck off Graeme :smirk:

Adjusted for accuracy :+1:

Which is most of the time. See ā€˜what I am drinkingā€™ thread for details.

2 Likes

I hate you lot :angry:

5 Likes

More salt :grin:

1 Like

VB

2 Likes

ā€œFull as a Pommy complaints boxā€ or ā€œFull as a seaside shithouse on Bank Holidayā€.

Strike out as appropriate :thumbsup:

I mis-read your post as though you now have one of these Japanese pre-amps to go with with Peteā€™s mega phono. The photos are of a line stage to go with Peteā€™s phono as they are built along the same lines as the Phono, sound quality first based on good design principles and great implementation/parts. Not cheap but up there with the very best. I am certain that the Phono will give even the most expensive ones on commercial sale a run for their money.

Well my system is sounding very nice and I will be tube rolling and tweaking to improve it. (I hope!) Concert Fidelity also do some Mos Fet Power Amps. They sound great but they are very expensive. Shame.

Daveā€™s going to be here any minute with the BTJā€¦:grinning:

4 Likes

Is the floor in your front room reinforced? Make sure you switch off all other electronics in the house.

3 Likes

Feckin hell!!! :flushed::flushed::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Smoother than the Sales Director of the Smoothie company :smile:

That bad, huh?

1 Like