Cool Class D amp

Thinking ahead to the summer, the Viva Solista chucks out so much heat I’d like to get a little Class D amplifier (or anything else that doesn’t double as a space heater). Speakers are Triangle Volante (93dB/8 Ohm).

I’ve got a couple of passive preamps so a power amp would also be ok.

Has anyone got any suggestions please? Or something second hand knocking around?

I’ve a KJF Audio SA01 I might be interested in selling on

1 Like

This. Increases signal strength without distortion. What more could you want from an amp? Also cheap as chips which is nice.

AIYIMA A07 MAX 2 Channel Stereo Amplifier Home Audio 300 Watts x2 Power TPA3255 Class D Mini Speaker Amp Bridgeable Mono Stereo Desktop Amplifier 600Watt With 3.5mm Output Integrated HiFi Amp : Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

4 Likes

I have one it’s very nice

1 Like

I think they’re generally not in vogue here but I have heard the Bel Canto M300s sounding excellent before.

Just get a boxed up Hypex module, like from these guys

https://nordacoustics.co.uk/product-category/nord-value-line/

They have posher cases if you want. Just choose the power you need and they build it for you in a couple of days.

Actually yes, Nord are a great shout - excellent value, and they are what Harbeth are shipping with their £42k active crossover system

Didn’t Nick @Myrman have a very nice big-box (The good shit) Bel Canto pre/power up for sale at a super-keen price?

You mean the one I’ve bought and am hopefully going to pick up on Thursday?

If it’s the eVo range, I think that is Class T.

Yeah, just went to double check and it’s definitely digital based. But it’s definitely the 2/3rds sized stuff rather than the half width line that came afterwards.

I’ve been trying, and have just bought, a Boxem Purifi-based amp. Yes, I went for the funky orange facia. I’ve been very impressed with it.

1 Like

Me too :+1:

Is there really a difference between class D and class T?

Looks like Class T was a trademarked term for the same amplifier tech as Class D

1 Like

Thanks for all your replies - much appreciated :+1:
I’ll try the Aiyima that a few of you have recommended - at the price it has to be worth a go. And it’s really only for July & August so I don’t want to spend loads.