Diet and Fitness

Weigh in - 12 st 3.5lbs. So about 10lbs lost from 13st 0 lbs. Looking at my waist I think another stone needs to come off.

2 Likes

Perhaps 4 days of meat and beer isn’t optimal for recovery… That was tough going, and I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up doing 80 miles…

Legs feel worse today than after doing close to 90 hillier miles last Sunday.

Always hard to compare though, the wind might have been stronger. Turning inland and into the hills and a headwind was brutal after flying along the coast with a tailwind :stuck_out_tongue:

My heart rate has been >60, even >70 whenever I’ve checked it for the last few days. Actually on my ride yesterday my heart rate was fine, but since I felt like I was fighting something off I was starting to think perhaps I should give tomorrow’s ride a miss. It’s back down to low 50’s just within the past 30 mins or so.

1 Like

First full club ride in a long time today. Managed fine despite Friday’s 80 miles. I think a mix of solo and group riding is probably good for fitness, since even though I’ve done similar routes on my own at a similar speed, keeping up with the group means you inevitably end up pushing yourself at points where you would back off if you were on your own. Plus, there are sprints :stuck_out_tongue: sprints are fun.

1 Like

A friend goes to a local gym, I joined him in the lifting of heavy things and putting them back down again.

3 Likes

http://www.ladbible.com/community/awesome-lads-are-exercising-in-the-shape-of-a-cock-and-balls-for-a-good-reason-20170408

1 Like

Have received most of the parts for a DIY cable pulldown thing, for working triceps and lats. Just a loading pin to order, which I’ll get from Watson Gym Equipment as their shit is very well made. I’ll use the pin for belt squats as well.

1 Like

Spiky ball tonight. I have let myself get rather tight, and not in a good way

My left trap is tight as fuck right now.

Yesterdays run has left me bolloxed today with very sore hips. Not even a gentle swim and an hour in the sauna has eased them off.

Still, I’ll be stronger for the next one.

fixed

1 Like

My legs are less sore today than they were yesterday, which I guess is a good thing? I really felt them after the ride and they were already pretty tender after Friday’s ride so I was expecting to be in agony today…

I’ve found working my legs the day after a really hard session works wonders in reducing soreness. I’ve been squatting three days in a row (also some light good mornings or RDL), heaviest day first. Much less sore.

1 Like

Apart from push ups and lunchtime walk, I am still totally failing to get into the habit of doing any exercise other than cycling…

Today’s eating- not added up calories accurately for a while now. Probably have 300 calories more than this at least most days

I don’t trust the net calories- although I cycled to and from work my heart rate was <60% maximum the entire time

…and this is why! I read about this study ages ago but couldn’t find it again…

http://www.cell.com/current-biology/abstract/S0960-9822(15)01577-8

Right…my heart rate is out of whack so I think it would be unwise to push on with the (cycling) workouts I’d planned this week. I was due a rest week next week so I think I’ll bring it forward.

Had a more sensible portion of rice last night and used less oil. Didn’t feel any less full and probably saved a couple of hundred calories

Woke up feeling sore but RHR at 46 bpm.

1 Like

Mine’s just all over the place. Given that it’s been pretty steady up until now and I know that I pushed myself at the weekend I’m going to take heed and back off until it gets back to normal. Last year I ignored this and pushed through it which turned out to be a bad idea (unsurprisingly). Err on the side of caution. Even if I misjudge and lose a bit of fitness I’ll still be fine for the club ride.

I read yesterday that RHR can actually decrease with functional overreaching

1 Like