Diet and Fitness

I ran for 20 minutes this morning… 2.5 miles

Brisk 1 mile to warm up and cooled down walking for 2 miles

Reckon I’ll be sore tomorrow

2 Likes

Push your knees forward beyond your toes, spread your knees a little, and lean your torso between your thighs, try resting your armpits on your knees with your hands resting in front

Pervert

Excerpt from Mr MWS’s forthcoming fitness DVD.

1 Like

My running goals are humble… to be able to run 5k without feeling sore the following day

1 Like

Practice :slightly_smiling_face:

Shortened leg session to fit a run in straight afterwards.

DB squats 2 sets x 12 reps
DB deadlifts 1 set x 12 reps
Calf raises - 3 sets of 14 reps

Foam roller before that and a 1.8m run more or less straight after.

1 Like

Despite (or because of?) the raging hangover, legs feel surprisingly ok today

You can try to hide behind your alcohol haze, but DOMS will find you :smiling_imp:

Yeah might well just be residual anaesthesia

Cheers - After a day trying one every hour or so and holding it for 30 seconds rocking I’m getting closer.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, i do have DOMS today, just not as bad as I had after my 1 mile run last Friday

You probably find that as you relax into it that you can sit deeper, and if you sit in that position for more than a couple of minutes then you are also able to extend your range and depth.

Consistency is key and making it a habit. I do this every morning, if only for a minute or upto 5 mins if I have time. I also do it before doing squats (obviously) and things like kettlebell swings, deadlifts etc.

My dead, squat and bench press are getting closer to my 5x5 max. All 3 are requiring more effort during the final set now. The squat was toughest this evening, id forgotten just how much all-out effort is needed at the limit, and im not there yet.
I was pleased to find some 0.5kg discs in the gym, used them with my bench press, these plus the 1kg and 1.25kg ones should allow me to keep increasing the weight for a good while longer. Adding 1kg isn’t noticeable (yet).

1 Like

I’m a big fan of fractional plates for reducing progression steps.

Nice progress

Its a shame the (vast amount) of dumbells available dont go up in smaller steps, they’re all 2.5kg jumps which will quickly become heavy going.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Haha. Well quoted.

1 Like

Are they metal DBS? You can buy magnets of specific weight and add those. Or wear wrist weights of about 0.5kg.

Upper body session after physio on shoulder today.

Chin ups - 8 sets of 3 reps still at 1.30 rest (focus on killer form)
Bench press - 3 sets of 11 reps
Shoulder press -3 sets of 8 reps

Shoulder and back stretches before going out for a run.