Diet and Fitness

Ha ha, been listening to Louie again :slightly_smiling_face:

Guess itā€™s for stabilisers as the bar wobbles like fuck. If they had one on Amazon Iā€™d order one to have a go and return it if I didnā€™t get us out of it.

1 Like

Have looked at the prices of Rogue kit, Iā€™m even more happy with what Iā€™m paying to use the gym.

Beasted myself again this evening. Gonna have a couple of days off now, I need it.

2 Likes

You got me! But there are a lot of good ideas come out of that gym and Iā€™d love to try that bar.

You canā€™t argue with the results coming out of Westside. But for the love of God canā€™t Louie just shut the fuck up :joy:

Ha, I like listening to him. He says the same thing over and over and basically rambles on about stuff and loses the point he was originally trying to make. I like that :slight_smile:

He does have about 3 or 4 ideas which he finds ever increasing ways to describe. I get it, just get on with it and quit yabbering on :roll_eyes:

I think thatā€™s what I like about him lol

Iā€™m drawn to and more interested in his methods than most others and itā€™s all about keeping an interest for me as well.

I still havenā€™t got back into the swing of things again and keep meaning to make time.

Heā€™s very successful in what he does. Eventually heā€™ll get in a rut and another gym will overtake them and so on etc.

If I wanted to max out on 1RM poundage then Iā€™d follow him to the letter.

They also do a lot of high rep work on their weaknesses but yeah itā€™s all for the goal of a single rep.

Anyway, Iā€™ll make more of an effort this week on Friday.

2 Likes

That canā€™t be real, can it? :flushed:

It is if you want it to be

1 Like

I managed 5 chin ups today. Would I be better switching to e.g. 3 sets of 4 with 1 minute (?) rest rather than decreasing the rest time as Iā€™ve been doing?

If your max is 5 then probably sets of 2-3 reps would be best.

As a test, turn your hands the other way, so back of hands facing you, and see how many pull ups you can do?

1 probably :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ll try when back at house. Why? Should rest be longer for chin ups compared with push ups?

Yep 1 pull up vs 5 chins is normal unless your upper back is particularly strong vs your last.

Yes longer rest vs push ups. Id start with 2 mins or 1.5 if youā€™re able to make about 5 sets of 3 at that level of rest between sets.

3! Arms at same width but palms away, that right?

Last time I was working on chin ups I struggled to do 1 pull up even when I could do 6 chin ups!a

Why do you think that is?

Think your overall upper body strength has improved so itā€™s translating to different movements.

Try 4 sets of 3 with 2 mins rest?

Yep, go for it.