Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

Regarding the concurrent cannabis legalisation… Anyone else read “Flow my tears the policeman said”?

2 Likes

Lest we forget this piece of art, lost in the deletion

Trump in 1999…

Trump on CNN, Oct. 8, 1999:  I’m a registered Republican. I’m a pretty conservative guy. I’m somewhat liberal on social issues, especially health care, et cetera, but I’d be leaving another party, and I’ve been close to that party.

King: Why would you leave the Republican Party?

Trump: I think that nobody is really hitting it right. The Democrats are too far left. I mean, Bill Bradley, this is seriously left; he’s trying to come a little more center, but he’s seriously left. The Republicans are too far right. And I don’t think anybody’s hitting the chord, not the chord that I want hear, and not the chord that other people want to hear, and I’ve seen it.

It’s Nigel Farage what won it for Trump…

All hail Farage, the greatest politician ever! Lol…

1 Like

It’s very easy to dislike both Farage & Trump and I do.

But they certainly know which buttons to press to achieve their goals.

You do have to look closely at the politicians and parties that have, through their own incompetence, allowed them to get their way.

1 Like

There is a lot to be learned from their campaigns. I find most of it a little unpleasant, but it would appear to have been quite effective.

Really? Surely there’s nothing new here.

World politics - the world is fucked as we know it.

What a clusterfuck of idiocy.

They’re currently both on 48% of the vote. It’s crazy how close to a 50/50 split the vote has been on scottish independence, the eu referendum and now this… Probably means something?

Donald Trump
Republican Party
48%

Hillary Clinton
Democratic Party
48%

Electoral reform is needed?

1 Like

Trump is a self publicist. In this retarded age of infotainment being the most outspoken, contentious, and charismatic ‘Trumps’ intelligence or experience. The Orange overlord’s Barnumesque "Greatest show on earth’ is particularly telling in terms of how to flim flam to success. The Murcan’s eat this like apple pie.

1 Like

The real world is an increasingly complex place. The game of politics is no exception and it has, at the same time, become both more transparent (as everything is aired on the interweb) and more opaque (as intelligent, critical news reporting drowns in a tsunami of ignorance, prejudice and lies on the interweb).

The upshot of the opacity is that voters decide without really knowing what the consequences of their vote will be. They base their decision on noise, and noise is as likely to push them one way as the other. So we get a 50:50 result.

VB

It would appear that us Brits have found a taste for that sort of pie.

Maybe it is just that there are quite a lot of people with less than average intelligence out there. A lot of people who find it quite difficult to have a bit of a think for themselves. A lot of people who believe most of what they are told.

We should be allowed to discriminate against the less intelligent. That is okay isn’t it?

I may need to use this :thumbsup:

If by ‘average’ you mean ‘median’ then that would be half the people.

[quote] … We should be allowed to discriminate against the less intelligent. That is okay isn’t it?
[/quote]

If you have to ask the question then perhaps that puts you in the wrong half :grinning: ?

VB

4 Likes

I was thinking the same. I despise Trump but you have to say he ran the ‘smarter’ campaign. Nothing genius or new but he appealed to the large numbers of people who don’t like or trust the establishment, he kept it personal about Hilary and well away from issues (on which he has nothing at all to offer), and kept talking about change in the vaguest terms without once ever getting drawn into specifics.

Clintons campaign tried to fight fire with fire and got dragged down into a dirty slanging match to which there was only ever going to be one winner - pretty dumb strategy if you ask me.

If Marine Le Pen wins next years French election, we need to consider that it’s something rather more worrying than idiocy.

3 Likes

And the Republican party gave him the backdrop to work against by mercilessly screwing the system up throughout the Obama presidencies. He was able to point to Obama’s, and Clinton’s, ‘failure’ as a justification for that change. Trump is a mayfly who will disappear when his inability to deliver is exposed, although who knows how much he will break before he goes. The systemic failure is more worrying, however.

VB

It also has to be accepted that there is a great mass of people in the US and Europe who feel disenfranchised & disconnected from what their elected leaders are purportedly doing on their behalf.
Politicians in the EU have been trying quietly to push TTIP through without rousing the attention of their populations because they know that it would likely be rejected. I gather Trump is also against it so it may now not happen. Someone on the radio this morning was pointing out that through 2 terms of Obama & prior to that two terms of Dubya, that mass of people are worse off in terms of income than they were before. So effectively both sides have failed them & have not, as they perceive it, acted in their best interests. Along comes someone who identifies that as an issue & vows to change it. It brings out even those who don’t normally vote & they seem to have made the difference.

Sadly they may prove to be disappointed but at the moment that’s not how they’ll be seeing it. Any change from the system that had made them worse off looks appealing.

They’re just putting into practice the techniques they learned from Hitler.

2 Likes