Donald Trump finally announced as some massive in-joke (Part 1)

It must be a fine line for Congress. If, on the one hand, they shaft him at every turn a la Obama then he’ll use that as an excuse to his supporters for his non-delivery and he’ll press for a draconian increase in his powers. If, on the other hand, they allow him actually to do the crazy things he thinks are a good idea then although the country will go to hell Trump’s supporters won’t be able to see it. Ensuring a soft landing isn’t going to be easy.

VB

I think we are seeing just how deeply racist a lot of the US is.

Trump, quite deliberately, is playing the race card at every opportunity. He knows all to well that these people will side with him no matter what and that their prejudice will override any common sense.

There is also the issue of the far-right media and their influence on the day to day news beamed into US homes - the outright lies and propaganda spouted by his Fox News mouthpiece is incredible but is obviously working.

His behaviour on Puerto Rico is beyond contempt.

He is filth.

4 Likes

You’re being generous, I very much doubt he has the capacity to do it deliberately.

1 Like

I disagree Andy - he won the Presidency despite everything. His vileness is his strength; no matter what he has done or said - before or since he became President has made any difference to his support within the US. He has already started campaigning and fundraising for 2020.

I wouldn’t bet against him unless of course he’s in jail for Treason. :pray:

I see it the same way as Boris Johnson playing the lovable buffoon - it’s a tactic to throw people off their guard and it’s worked. I’m certain Johnson is taking careful notes of what Trump is doing as I’m certain he has is eye on being PM.

I struggle to see anything in him that suggests it is planned or has tactic.
Maybe he got the job because his vileness appeals to many voters, that vileness persists as does the support.

Either way it is a grim thing.

1 Like

It is grim indeed.

When an audience stands hand on heart for a fucking chicken, full potato is complete

4 Likes

I was at a posh golf resort in Jockland a couple of weeks ago, my friend was outside having a smoke and got chatting to this yank (who was the spitting image of Keith Floyd), “Keith” was there at a Diageo conference. We managed to blag our way into the ball room with him to make use of the free Diageo bar and a good time was being had by all… Anyway, half a bottle of Johhny Walker Platinum label later, some American women had joined our table, (we assumed they were friends of Keith’s), and one of them made a joke about Trump, I don’t remember much of that, but what followed was great. Keith announced that he had voted Trump. The women looked at Keith, one of them just said “eugh”, the other turned to her friend as said “repulsive” and they walked off. I said “I think you’ve upset your colleagues” Keith replied “no idea who they were, fucking libtards” I said, oh well, that makes 4 new friends you don’t have. My mate was already half way out of his seat. I stood up too and we walked off. He spent the rest of the evening on his own.

5 Likes

1 Like

Seems like he drained the swamp to give the pigs more space to wallow.

Setting himself up nicely for the “end game”.

Trading off not paying any estate tax in order to pay a little more income tax (which he will avoid). What a Prince.

1 Like

In an industry set up to entice the phenomenally self serving, Trump stands out as a beacon of insane corruption.

He is still well in front with the bookies to win the next election…Utter nutballs.

1 Like

I find it difficult to know how bookies can be calculating that given no one knows who he is likely to run against. Unless they’re just convinced he’s basically got enough support from Russia / gerrymandering etc. to render the opponent irrelevant.

Stupid people still stupid shocker.

I’m having a fiver on Kayne west

2/1
Trrump
8/1
Mike Pence
10/1
Elizabeth Warren
12/1
Bernie Sanders
14/1
Michelle Obama
16/1
Cory Booker
16/1
Dwayne Johnson
16/1
Kamala Harris
20/1
Hillary Clinton
20/1
Mark Zuckerberg
20/1
Paul Ryan
20/1
Seth Moulton
22/1
Joe Biden
25/1
Andrew Cuomo
25/1
James Dimon
25/1
Julian Castro
25/1
Michael Bloomberg
25/1
Russ Feingold
25/1
Tim Kaine
28/1
Bill de Blasio
28/1
Catherine Cortez-Masto
33/1
Amy Klobuchar
33/1
Caroline Kennedy
33/1
Gavin Newsom
33/1
Jeb Bush
33/1
John Kasich
33/1
Jon Stewart
33/1
Marco Rubio
33/1
Mitch Daniels
33/1
Nikki Haley
33/1
Rand Paul
33/1
Ted Cruz
40/1
Charlie Baker
40/1
Greg Abbott
40/1
Kelly Ayotte
40/1
Kirsten Gillibrand
40/1
Oprah Winfrey
40/1
Sherrod Brown
40/1
Tulsi Gabbard
50/1
Ben Carson
50/1
Carly Fiorina
50/1
Chris Christie
50/1
Deval Patrick
50/1
Howard Schultz
50/1
John Hickenlooper
50/1
Martin O’Malley
50/1
Nancy Pelosi
50/1
Nina Turner
50/1
Orrin Hatch
50/1
Scott Walker
50/1
Terry McAuliffe
50/1
Tim Scott
66/1
Ivanka Trump
66/1
Leonardo DiCaprio
66/1
Mick Huckabee
66/1
Tom Cotton
100/1
George Clooney
100/1
Jay Z
100/1
Kanye West
100/1
Will Smith
150/1
Gary Johnson
250/1
Jill Stein

Much better music than Kanye West.

Disappointed that Gary Busey isn’t in the running. Early days yet I suppose. Biding his time.