eBay stuff (Part 1)

Made him an offer and he has countered with £750 but can’t find any price history to see if that is good or not, the pip preamps seem to go for anywhere between £700 - £1500

Seems to be a similar design as the LFD MC-1 and there is one available for £450 so not sure how much better the PT is.

750 for a PIP phono stage AND working batteries is a fair price.

Apparently the PIP2 phono doesn’t use batteries, that was the 3x box preamp.

Think I’ll accept the offer and give it a punt.

Seriously dribbling at the moment but he won’t post to the UK :frowning:

That’s a lot of money for a unit that you’ve never heard, and probably never will. Resale could be a challenge

Meh.

For only 300 hours use it has had a bit of a battering.
you would think they would at least dust it and clean the pins before taking the photos

It’s been posted before, Kev.

Looks like a dog to me

2 Likes

Ah, I don’t bother much with ebay (or this thread) except when I am after something.
I should have had got a clue from the seller!

And can’t afford, know @coco likes his stuff though.

Intact Audio transformers are great and I’m sure that this phonostage wouldn’t have been brought to market if it wasn’t in a similar league. I’m just saying it’s a lot of money to buy it on reputation alone.

Did you sort your SUT loading?

What phonostage are you using atm?

Emporium. Nuff said (IMO, of course),

1 Like

Got some foo resistors arriving next week to sort the loading. Using a puresound p10 at the moment as I’ve sold the Whest.

1 Like

As long as your foo resistors aren’t those Charcroft Vishay naked bulk foil things and they are some form of tantalum you will be fine :wink:

33K 1W Audio Note Tantalum Non-magnetic

I’ve got one of these and like it immensely. Offers can be made and if a lower one was accepted it would be good vfm. A musical cartridge, great at tracking, very quiet in the groove, detailed but not a HiFi sound.

"This cartridge is still surrounded by the same Japanese air as it was when packed in the factory. "

3 Likes

Well that was a waste of money, it sounds bloody awful.

Not sure how it’s supposed to be but the gain is really low, need to have the volume about 50% higher than the other phono amps (puresound p10 & whest ps.20) and then the bass is really flabby and muffled with quite a peaky treble.

None of it sounds right to me, very dull sounding :face_vomiting: :frowning_face::face_vomiting:

What do you expect from The Emporium - you should have learnt your lesson by now.:clown_face:

2 Likes