eBay stuff (Part 1)

Someone on PFM will buy it. I think it had quite a following there.

Just return it??
Two weeks graceā€¦ on the advert.

2 Likes

Was expecting more from it as the PT PIP has a very good reputation.

Iā€™ll give it a few days and if itā€™s still shit is going back for a refund.

1 Like

Is it MC only or can you switch it to MM?

If MC it wonā€™t be great with an Io.

Has no switches or jumpers from what I can see, given the low gain I assume it is MM.

Looking at the boards the input has a loading resistor across them so will work out what the values are later to see if it is loaded for MM.

Have a suspicion this was never a legitimate product and someone has taken the phono boards out of a PIP preamp to make a standalone phono stage, the psu is really basic. The cases do seem to be PT style though with the same sliding top as the PIP preamp.

Those Mundorf caps definitely wouldnā€™t have been in there when it was originally built. Which suggests it has been badgered at some point.

Otherwise it looks like PT stuff from back in the day, itā€™s just they way they were madeā€¦

Is it right that the mundorfs would be inline of the live leg of the RCA inputs, seems strange to have a 600V 1uF cap there???

Bloody heat sinks on two of regs are also very loose

Another emporium special :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:star_struck:

1 Like

They do get hold of some interesting stuff, but they donā€™t seem to have a very good system for checking stuff: just plug it in and see if it works?

Isnā€™t the point of a used dealer that they give a quick service, especially where stuff is 25 years old or more. Just offering a refund isnā€™t really service.

For those who define audio quality by measurements.

Demand a refund because even if it was 100% kosha it would never pair with an IO - Dealers are cunts

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I do, also have the manual so sent a copy to Chris. Hope he hasnā€™t blown anything up, sounds like he had a SUT plugged into the output of a MC only phono stage :flushed:

Oops!

WAC! :rofl:

Sounds like something my Dad would do.

A few brown envelopes passed to certain reviewers I feel, certainly I know for certain on a few products and a certain prolific reviewer.

https://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/moreinfo.php?prod_title=Naim_Statement_Amplifier_System&p=integrated_amplifier&prod_id=55714&offset=

Upgraded to a bolt down NAP160 / NAC12S

100 % genuine hereā€¦

3 Likes