eBay stuff (Part 1)

Without sounding like a complete weirdo, I have sought of kept up with the kit you have had in recent times, as it always seemed like ‘end game’ stuff for me. Wondered why you swapped out the E’s, so confirms my reservations, cheers

You’ll fit in well here :wink:

Don’t know if you are down south but I’ve got some Snell K mk1’s you are welcome to borrow for a while to see how you get on. They don’t have the original undoped drivers but I fitted the new scanspeaks and they still have the Snell sound.

@murrayjohnson is the expert on Snell speakers so may know where you can get some J2’s

2 Likes

I truly fucking hate you :rage:

7 Likes

Thanks Terry, I shall treasure this post and save up it for a day when I need cheering up.

3 Likes

Looks like the first thing I need to do is get up to speed with banter👍

5 Likes

That isn’t banter. That @MGOwner is a vindictive grudge bearing antipodean prog-botherer…

3 Likes

I’m in Stratford upon Avon, but spend plenty of time with work in London so would be great to see if the K’s would work, very kind offer.

Not very loudly or with music with lots of bass.

Or just abuse the fuck out of me like every other cunt.

4 Likes

I’d definitely not rush and hang on for a vfm pair of H6’s. If you find the tweeter a bit forward then it’s a well trodden path to have this changed and also crossover mods etc if you like.

I have a pair of Impulse Ta’us which I’ve had modded and very happy with. I think there’s a couple H6 owners on here too.

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

My home town! :+1:

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

I have H6s and am not too far away in Worcester if you fancy a listen.

1 Like

You may think he’s bitter, but it’s normally just wine :blush:

2 Likes

Oi ! Never JUST wine :angry:

2 Likes

I would expect Es could work OK in your room size, but it’s definitely borderline. You’d need good stands and expect to play with positioning - the ‘default’ right into corner might not work best.

In many ways I think that Js are better balanced, although I find Ks a bit light. My first proper hifi was AI 300 into Js, and it’s a great sound.

When looking for this stuff, you just need to be patient - it does turn up.

2 Likes

Talking of patience…might be about to take a detour as a nice pair of Dyn Contour 1.3SE have just popped up for sale, been recommended by a friend to go for them, as they are rare S/H so will go quick. Not quite the route I was planning to go, but paired with a powerful amp would see me through until some Snell’s or AN come up.

Those two are like Rick astleys twins …

This, …mine go in week after next. I picked up a pair in great nick for half the price of those offered. They work really well in my room. Which is 3.5x 4.5 m

I had a pair about three speakers before my h6, decent enough but not in the same league imho.

1 Like