eBay stuff (Part 1)

oh bugger.
sat here listening to my current Quad/Rogers set up thinking it through, and unfortunately think you are right. Reason being is that I don’t get to play at high volumes, what I am after is that realism that i have had glimpses of when listening to others lower powered valve/class A kit. Funnily enough one of the best I have heard was BrumJam’s H2 based system at Scalford

1 Like

only just spotted this kind offer, would be appreciated as this does seem like one of the most appealing routes

It sounds to me like you should explore a high efficiency system approach, such as the Impulse horns or Audio Note (but not Dynaudio tbh). There is a lot out there, and it can take a while to find just the right thing. I went from Snell via Lowther to front loaded horns. The dynamics you get,even at lower volumes,with a genuinely high efficiency system is, for me, the way forward.

1 Like

thanks coco, we are lucky enough to still have a Music Matters in the town, not that I have bought much from there…

These might work well in your room.- wide apart with plenty of toe in.

1 Like

I.e. not like the pictures.

2 Likes

It’s your money, but I would advise against the ‘headless chicken’ route. Dyn Contour 1.3SE compared to Snells/Impulse/AN are like chalk and cheese.

See if you can get to hear more stuff at friends, dealers, people on here, etc. before you part with your money.

If you have the budget to improve your system, don’t waste it.

If you want to be a box swapper, ignore the above advice :laughing:

3 Likes

Pretty much talked some sense into myself this evening, just messaged a guy regarding some Snell J II’s, so fingers crossed. I know you are right, and already the time people have taken to comment on hear has steered me in the right direction.

Have you posted what the rest of your system is?

Sorry, can’t be arsed to trawl back through the thread :wink:

1 Like

Made me smile…

Analogue - Rega RP6
Digital - MacBook
Phono Stage - Ifi Iphono
Quad 99pre/tuner/cdp2
Quad 909
Rogers Studio 1
Optional M&S slippers

2 Likes

Wot, no pipe? :worried:

1 Like

At least you have a record player. You’re in!

1 Like

Wrong voltage.

PM me if you want to pop over some time.

Remind me JB, what amp have you got driving your H6’s?

Marantz PM4 Wayne.

1 Like

Noice :heart_eyes:. If you ever fancy a listen to Marantz MA-5’s in your set up, give me a shout as I’m only down the road.

1 Like

You could do worse than get the Living Voices. And his Leak is also for sale, not checked price though. Could be an easy introduction to a much better sound (IMO) than the set up you have.

3 Likes

I’ve had some communications with the seller and it seems 100% genuine. They are the latest XD version (which he fails to mention) so could be a mega bargain depending on what the reserve is. No boxes so collection or local delivery only which pretty much rules me out even if I did raise the funds.:frowning: