Football

Fair point: they’d be mad not to try. Bilic is an absolute muppet

2 Likes

And now The Guardian says:

1 Like

He will still be better off after the rent saved on his one bed flat :smile:

3 Likes

Never go near it, so didn’t realise the Fail was equally a purveyor of fake news on the sports pages. :upside_down_face:

Craig Hope (The Mail):

“Rafa Benitez let down after NUFC fail to sign single player during final two weeks of window. Entire summer a mess.”

Edit - still angry, so misread this initially as blaming Rafa for the failure.

They are arseholes but actually have rescued the club, West Ham were in a real state when they took it over.

I can’t stand them though, Sullivan, in his fake Russian dictators uniform is soooo punchable!

1 Like

The way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rafa go to Arsenal in couple of months and do a similar ‘steady the ship’ job to when he took over from Di Matteo at Chelsea.

He could win the Europa League again!

Wayne Rooney arrested. No really…

Think he’d be good at Arsenal. Shit a few players up!

1 Like

He probably deserves a job working for more helpful owners.

Or better still the England job rather than Southgate.

1 Like

Oi!! We were the team of the 80s I’ll have you know.

The 1880’s?

Rumour has it Chelsea pulled the plug on the transfer with Barkley because his injury will keep him out till November. They told him they will buy him in January when his fee will be cheaper and therefore his wages will be higher.

Doesn’t make sense,everyone knew he was injured til xmas time.

Up here there are three schools of thought (ok waffle in the pub or at work) on this:

1. Barkely wants more money and wants to stay at Everton. Wanting more money is not going to help going to Spurs. If he is first choice and gets the ££ he will stay at Everton.

2. Barkley will go to Spurs if they match his wage. As he will be a free transfer in the summer he and his agent will trouser a huge signing on fee from Spurs and also Spurs can argue they haven’t broken their famous wage structure. This is the reason he turned down Chelsea.

3. Barkely is being a numpty and has had his bluff called by Everton/is too thick to know what he is up to.

I favour the last version at present. I was surprised that Everton didn’t offer Barkley plus cash to Chelsea for Batshuyai (not sure of spelling there) given the need for a centre forward

Will the fans be happy if he starts playing again in 2 or 3 months?

If it means that Sigurdsson is injured, Rooney in gaol, and Klaason is crap then they’ll be OK with it. If it is because the season has gone down the shitter then I think they will be unhappy. He clearly has burned a few bridges to say the least.

0-0 against Malta at half time. Hingerland are shite :tired_face:

Hope Malta win.