Football

Mertesacker wil be available soon … :wink:

Traore? We got rid of the kid. Raw talent - yes. But can’t play in a team and thinks he’s still on the playground and can go past everyone and score every time he gets the ball.

Good luck with him!

We need defenders. About 8 or 9 should do

FFS Jose, don’t sell Luke Shaw, he needs another few months to get his confidence back. If we sell him, it will be worse than selling Stam or Beckham.

Antoine Griezmann looks like the replacement for Rooney. Athletico want Euro120M, that is a load of cash for a guy who tallented, has yet to prove himself in the EPL.

Interesting stats on keepers. Just shows why De Gea is so important to United. I would say he’s worth 12-15 points a season to us over the average EPL keeper.

1 Like

Griezmann is class.

Memphis gone. He had the ability, he just was too much of a wild card and gave the ball away far too much. Under Jose, he just couldn’t defend and under Jose that is unforgiveable.

15 million spunked up the wall for not much return…

We actually paid £18M (£7 was add on’s of which we have mostly not paid) and sold him for £21.7M including add ons or £15M +£6.7M), so actually a loss of £3M. Worth a punt, but his lifestyle was the problem.

@stu @murrayjohnson are you at the match?

Sadly not

Sturridge doing his best tree stump impression at he moment. Sigh.

I was, Plymouth made a decent game of it, and kept mostly tight. We were just to slow for most of the game

This is how Chelsea make extra money.

Selling De Bruyne for £18m ??

blah blah blah…36 players on loan…blah blah.

1 Like

But do they? They have a lot of their youngsters on an average of £40K a week, so if you add this into 20 of the youngsters, they lose a lot of money. One or two may make it with them and one or two will be sold for much bigger money, but most sell for the same or less.

Lets not forget Juan Cuadrado, Shevchenko, Torres etc… who have huge losses.

I look forward to the Real scum being 4th next year after Bayern overtake them

I like the comment below;

“No uncle sheikhs money, no daddy roman money, no money from the spanish banks loaned out… no 3rd party ownerships… Just the biggest club in the world MANCHESTER UNITED.”

I’d much rather be the best football team in the world (or at least one of them) than the biggest club financially.

Obviously the two should go hand in hand which just goes to show what a fuck up the Glazers and Mourinho have made of things.
Still I’m sure your wealth will impress the teams in the Europa League next season.:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

What will you do when Klopp runs out of half the 15 players he uses or they get fatigue in Feb/March/April?

We’ve given debuts to 12 Academy players this year. Mourinho hasn’t used 12 Academy players in his entire managerial career.

1 Like