Football

sounds like a new manager is called for - I hear some Sams are at a loose end

Quickly. On the principle of your first loss being your best loss.

Can confirmed as leaving for Juve after the CL final. Hope the fucker doesnā€™t get on the pitch on Saturday :smiley:

1 Like

Arteta ruled out at Arsenal, Emery (Fred?) to be appointed.

Yep Dick EMery

Ā£10m down the pan then.

Unai Emery confirmed for the Arse. So much for Artetaā€¦

Well he played for us for 4 years and he cost Ā£10m. Iā€™m not sure youā€™d describe that as down the pan.

You could attribute the loss of some future transfer value, if thatā€™s what you mean.

1 Like

It was obvious he was intent on leaving on a Bosman nearly two years ago whe he refused to sign an extension. We should have sold him for Ā£20m or so last summer and bought a replacement.

I guess in todayā€™s market, if he had a decent length of contract left, he would be worth about Ā£40-50m so you can guess how much he and his agent are getting from Juve.

Heā€™s apparently getting 5m euros per year, no idea about the agent.

Thatā€™s less than 100,000 Euroā€™s a week - we offered him way more than that.
Iā€™m guessing heā€™s getting an 8 figure signing on fee in some tax efficient form or another.:thinking:

Maybe he just wants to hang out in Turin, rather than Liverpool.

Canā€™t imagine why, but thereā€™s no accounting for taste.

4 Likes

Everton to appoint Pulis as a go ahead new style manager. Rooney says ā€œoh godā€

Sweet Lord

1 Like

Pellegrini to West Ham.

No Dave, the other one.

Pellegrini

Thereā€™s a wafer thin bubbles comment in here somewhere

Good appointment, I reckon. I just hope the mans inherent decency doesnā€™t get stunk out by the ownerā€™s lack of said qualiity

Glad that Short has gone, but I canā€™t help feeling that the takeover is a bit of an ā€˜out of the frying panā€™ job.

I donā€™t see Coleman coming back.

I did type Pellegrini originally but it got changed somehow. :worried: