Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

Is comfort and silken pleasure negative now?. All this texture business sets my teeth in jaunty woe. I don’t want no crispy grainy, foam laden ‘experience a la bouche’ I desire and contend unctuous luxury is the pathway to pleasure.

5 Likes

Ravens in Brighton. So moist no butter is needed*. You can eat them hot straight off the bakers shelf.

*assuming you are a clattering great imbecile of course, butter makes them much more betterer.

1 Like

HNNNNNNGGGGGG!!!

Arbitrary goal post moving.

Pervert!

1 Like

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagline bingo!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good to see you are back on track,and not dicking about making suits and stuff.

6 Likes

Info on today’s runner and riders

3 Likes

Disturbing level of pretension in the website, but its results that count :+1:

It said in the shop that they are “spiced syrup glazed”. We shall see… I’m just hoping that they aren’t fuckin’ stodgy, or even worse, if they are stodgy and I enjoy them. :grinning:

4 Likes

Following correct buttering, If it is not possible to eat with a spoon it is fit for the bin

3 Likes

If they’re anything like Gail’s mince pies, they will be undersized and overpriced :smirk:

1 Like

Stodge + bread (unless its a pudding) = weirdo.

I’ve always liked doughy bread. I wonder if stodgy HCBs is a similar palate thing.

1 Like

There’s some right weirdo’s on here.

Sorry, work got in the way…

Gail’s
£4.80 for 3

These were very good and move up to 2nd place. Good fruity bun, they lacked a little spice but had just the right level of sweetness. The spiced syrup glaze had a pleasing texture but i reckon it was the only part of the bun that had any spice. The Bread Ahead ones were spiced through… I think the ‘hot cross’ was slightly crispy, which I liked.
These were very similar to yesterday’s from Konditor in the stodge stakes but somehow they crisped up on the toasted side which we found very appealing.

We have a few bakeries to try next week, first up I think will be Leila’s.

7 Likes

You should’ve tried them with some butter.

3 Likes

Spiced syrup . . . no spice in the bun . . .what devilry is this :rage: