IC. Blank cassettes

I have more blank cassettes than I am ever going to use in my lifetime.

They’re all decent ones, a mix of good types 1(ferric), 2 (chrome) & 4 (metal). Whatever happened to type 3? :thinking:

If anyone is interested I’ll list them here at reasonable prices. I can’t let them go for nowt, but they’ll be priced at a level that you won’t have to think twice about using them to tape the hit parade from the wireless.

1 Like

Hi Rob
I would have an interest in the chrome and metal tapes.
I don’t think I could afford them back in the day so it would be fun to try recording the top 20 on Sunday afternoon off the radio to metal tapes.
:grinning:

1 Like

I’ll get to it then. It’s going to take me a few days, they’re stashed in all kinds of hidey holes to prevent me getting clouted by Claire for hoarding them…

2 Likes

If you couldn’t afford them in the day I doubt you can now.
The metal one especially, if decent brands like TDK, Sony, Maxell etc, go for serious money if new and sealed - just search ebay.:open_mouth:

Most of us have a bit more money than we had in the iron age though :wink:

A lot of them are unsealed, but guaranteed unused.

None of them are mega expensive stuff like TDK MA-Rs or the Maxell metals, or anything that the collectors want to get their hands on, I bought them with the intention of using them (I used to do a few traveling tape projects) not stockpiling them as a pension. Some came out of studios and radio stations, obvs loads came off ebay.

All of them are decent performers though, especially if you have a deck that allows fine tuning of bias etc.

So for instance there’s some Maxell UDII CD 100s (type 2), BASF Chrome Super ii 90s, Maxell UDI CD 90s, Goldstar Chrome-X 90s and some other odds and sods.

This kind of stuff.

Jeez I just looked on ebay :rofl:

I know, crazy isn’t it? Although you could argue that they’re never going to be made again and they’re a diminishing resource…

Some more:

Out of interest I googled the Sony metal on the bottom left…:flushed:

If someone wants to pay me £20 for it, I’ll chuck in the postage for free…:sunglasses:

The black onen in the middle is a Tapeline metal, I think c60 and iirc Maxell tape stock. I’ve never got round to using them so would like to test one before I let them out into the wild to make sure they’re not shit.

blimey - I’ve got about a dozen TDK MARs in the loft - all just recorded on once…We used to get given them for making demo tapes when I worked at Lasky.

They were great for selling addons to a cassette deck - a geezer buys a cassette deck, and you’d say didn’t that demo sound great - yes he says - I say you need some TDK MAR in your life, and since your going to be making loads of recordings with your fantastic new deck, you’ll need a box of ten. Buy the box of 10 with your deck and I’ll give you 10% off the tapes…what a great guy I am…It never failed!