Living Voice

As I said before, if you want loud heavy metal and earth shaking bass these aren’t the speakers for you.

Rabski’s LV’s were sounding pretty good in our (big) room at Scalford, even driven by Mr Liang’s 18 SET watts.

You type bollocks as you have never heard my systems, none of them are shouty, but they do go loud without compression and distortion, unlike LVs. They are also full bandwidth.

FYI my systems are;
TT SP10 MK2 in Bobc plinth with SME 312S/Supex SD900
Audio Synthesis phono dual supply
Krell KRC3
Avantgard Acoutic Solo with M&K MX5000 subs

Bedroom system,
Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika/Lingo + a laptop with a valve DAC MHQT
Whest .20
Trilogy 909/990
Sonus Faber Electas
BK 200FF sub

Second test system,
Micromega Duo Pro 3.0 transport
Audio Synthesis DSM DAC
Primare 928 pre/power
ARC 101 (rebuilt)

3 Likes

So you use subs in both systems - that’s hardly fair when comparing to LV’s.:roll_eyes:

1 Like
1 Like

Whatever happened to the LV sub? I saw a prototype when I was there once.

The Solo’s go down to 30Hz, but I use them at 40Hz as if you go loud they struggle at 30Hz a little.

I use subs as I like systems to be full bandwidth and full bandwidth main speakers are fucking huge.

No you just type bollocks and think you are ‘clever’, when really you are an ass with very little knowledge.

So how the hell can you complain about the diminutive, high WAF factor, LV’s not being full bandwith?

It’s like moaning that a Porsche hasn’t got room in the boot to take your old wardrobe to the tip.:thinking:

1 Like

This pleases Gaga… :joy:

But Bob’s “taste” aside, it’s hardly just full-on rock that needs good extension and grip in the lower bass region - from ensemble jazz to full orchestras, prog to indy rock, it’s loud, it’s proud and if you can’t play it, you are missing something.

Now if that’s by dint of budget or room size, then that’s fair enough - you’re stuck with it, but if not, and you can afford to buy and house something as pricey as OBXs it seems daft to make a virtue of what in fact was a necessity for the designer!

By that, I mean selling medium-sized conventional box speakers to team with flea-powered amps, well - you just can’t have full range, 'cos those amps, can’t control those sort of speakers LF output competently when pushed - it’s the laws of physics, Jim! For that you need horns and all their delicious spendyness.

So, in summary, those that have them like them and most everyone else doesn’t.

What’s next?

4 Likes

I traded mine in for an Opel Omega estate. Plenty of room for a wardrobe in that.

On the subject of LV’s. They are not perfect. But name me a speaker that is. I like mine. I give no fucks if you don’t. They work in the room I had better than anything else I tried. They work in the new room very well. I am happy. I may change the amps at some point. Maybe summat solid state.

2 Likes

I don’t get the furore. Kevin recommends 20W amps and they go down to about 35Hz in room.

Pretty standard.

4 Likes

Moar big moar better.

1 Like

I’ve heard some LV’s (no idea which ones) and some sounded nice and some didn’t :+1:

Watcha tellin’ me for - I agree with you! :wink:

4 Likes

Are your speakers active yet? @coco

1 Like

I think Kevin got side tracked with the Vox Olympians and their little brother.

Personally I don’t find the bass lacking but I think your ears get accustomed to the sound you have. Unless you are a box swapper …

I think one thing we are all agree on is that they are not perfect. Some like the things they do well and others can’t live with their faults. Pretty much the same for every speaker.

2 Likes

I never thought I needed a sub. Not sure if the room would like subs.

On the subject of cables I am quite happily using Audioquest solid core cables. I like them more than those flat cables that I got with the speakers.Had to change the cabling around a bit to hide the crossovers out of the way, but all sounds good. Might be nice to get them a tiny bit further away from the walls than the foot they are at present, but all seems good to me. GF thinks they sound really nice too. Just had to write out instructions on how to switch everything on and in what order for her to play a cd.