Load Your Head

Fuck ! And reality bites :flushed:

Renaissance man is a difficult thing time-wise. Iā€™m not sure that I can be any good at the things I do if I try doing too much other stuff. :grin:

1 Like

Play the piano, to a high standard.

2 Likes

understand chumpanese

1 Like

Iā€™m amazed we havenā€™t had a ā€œbut itā€™s the learning / journey that countsā€ post yet!

I think my list would be something as follows:

• Able to drive a car properly quickly
  • Proper product design skills
  • Sense of smell / taste of Joel Robuchon
  • Ability to completely butcher any animal
  • Able to program in a couple of different programming languages (Ruby, Javascript, Lisp probably)
  • A working knowledge of electronics / electrical engineering
1 Like
  • Time travel (WE / Garrard purchasing / Woodstock / Lottery wins / Studio 54)

• Gastronomy (Beyond Michelin)

• Mind reading (Mr. MWs is convinced he may once have had the opportunity for actual sex)

• Bell Labs download.

I have a suspicion that being able to load your head would lead to more of this sort of chap, who came into the workshop yesterday. He wanted some tailoring work but by the look of his business card there is no end to his talents. His opening gambit was "I am tailor, I come for chat! Fuck knows what an ā€˜International Humaniteā€™ is. :joy:

1 Like

Bring him to Lopwell

Not sure we could afford him - outside his discount datesā€¦

1 Like

You need to up your game and start doing some folk dancing and dry cleaning

1 Like

and some humaniting

I was hoping I was doing ok on that frontā€¦ :pensive:

Yeah, but internationally?

2 Likes

Ok, on an international level my Humaniting could be improved, Iā€™ll give you that.

2 Likes

I was once in Kuwait City interviewing someone for a PhD place (he wasnā€™t that good), when his father appeared with a very large briefcase.

In exchange for offering his son a PhD place, the father claimed he could supervise any PhD known to mankind in any subject. He emptied his bag on the desk , out came about a dozen theses, in a wide range of subjects all claiming to be supervised by him.

He stood up and theatrically exclaimed and announced himself as the worlds only true polymath. He was completely insane,

5 Likes

That wasnā€™t the ending I was expecting! Rolls of banknotes would have been closer to expectation.

2 Likes

Strangely in all my 12 odd years travelling the world recruiting students, I was only ever offered money once - and that was in the office of the Bangladesh Embassy in London

You need to put out more.

7 Likes

10 Likes