Obituaries

1 Like

Always enjoyed Sodburyā€™s Forsyth anecdote involving a big curtain, the Natural History museum & a rush to the pub.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20915525_1704480199564588_6410816902176173499_n.png?oh=e33b3cfd2569dbe2a1dbbd3ac4cab2ed&oe=5A2C2EF2

6 Likes

I can just imagine Brucie saying today ā€˜Cā€™mon dollies, do your dealing!ā€™

Twitter would fucking melt.

RIP Bruce Forsyth.

I never ever understood his popularity.

4 Likes

Iā€™m with you. While he was always thereand I enjoyed some of the shows, I never really got him.

I think that much of the popularity of prime time TV presenters is simply familiarity - see them enough and people think theyā€™re friends.

Thatā€™s why I think that so many are overpaid: the BBC can easily create new ones by simply giving them enough airtime, so they become familiar and popular. I donā€™t deny that many have real talent, but they are far from unique in that respect.

Anyway off topic, itā€™s always sad when anyone dies but Brucie had a good life, did well and made it to a good age. What more can you ask for?

2 Likes

Certainly wasnā€™t my cup of tea. Didnā€™t like his style at all.

As Adam said, he had a good life.

1 Like

Canā€™t argue with that.

He was a childhood favourite. His partnership with Dean Martin was great. Although in later years his humour was controversialā€¦
TBH, I didnā€™t know he was still aliveā€¦

This :astonished:

Fuck.

Thank you. Would not have heard otherwise. Do not believe hands and piano sounds, but ā€˜let there be loveā€™

is a message for all. Always takes a great female vocalist to chat back.

Walter Becker. Just 67 :frowning_face:. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41140441

Whether or not you liked their stuff (and some people really didnā€™t) Steely Dan did bring a lot of pleasure to a lot of people. Me included.

VB

1 Like

Sad news.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Yeah, Walter Becker. :disappointed: A legend and a great, for me.

Lovely guitar solo hereā€¦

A great for me too. :pensive:

RIP