Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

They both look great.

Now that one I do like, certainly not cheshire

There’s a few Aro’s on 401’s in google images, there wasn’t any with the 301. There seems to be good synergy with unipivots and Garrard’s, I haven’t heard a duffer yet, I’ve had Nima’s and Hadcock
The Aro 's probably easiest to set up , there’s nothing to alter once the holes been drilled

1 Like

Just a little update on the ion plasma tweeter service.

All I can say is WOW! It’s a huge improvement, sq wise. I suppose that the gradual deterioration over time is not noticeable, but when instantly reversed, it certainly is :flushed:

Better resolution, imaging, tonality - just much more “there”

Big thanks to Pete @coco for doing the work on Sunday - I’m well pleased with the result. :+1:

Before the service the arcs had gone a yellow/orange colour, but now restored to the normal pinky/blue.

11 Likes

That’s just a trumpet with an LED in the end.

8 Likes

Would you like to come and have a blow :wink:

You could apologise for that in 20 years time :joy:

8 Likes

Oooh err misses.

So that’s what Pete was working on. I thought it was your new BTD’s Phono Stage. :clown_face:

2 Likes

I have had a pair of Ionofane Plasma Tweeters - twice in B&W P2H speakers. I sold then bought them back from the buyer after a few years - The treble was wonderful but sometimes temperamental to start.

This thread makes me chuckle. Have you not found systems you like yet? After 15 years or more?

We’re middle aged. We can’t change our wives, kids, families, homes or jobs without really fucking stuff up. Changing a bit of HiFi does no harm :blush:

4 Likes

Never. HiFi till I die!

1 Like

Have you considered coke and hookers?

2 Likes

Too cheap.

1 Like

If I had the money you’d spent on trinkets that make no difference I’d be a wealthy man.

But, I still have the sparkly ones, the beauties and they are going up (generally) in value. What else would I do with the money, holidays, hookers and class A thrills?

Apostrophe lessons?

9 Likes

Caveat of the day :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a hobby. You know what they are, don’t you.

Hell, some people have even started forums to discuss said hobby. It takes all sorts :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes