Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Jesus man, sort it out. Get the side sofa out, pull the speakers apart, thick rug and just more fucking hifi. This is your one chance.

6 Likes

Need a picture further out and one the other way.

Busy trying to rearrange a bit to get speakers further apart. Ive got to not tip everything up otherwise it’ll be too much change too soon and she’ll change her mind before I’ve even managed to get it to sound half decent.

Problem is it’s just sounding so damn underwhelming at the moment :slightly_frowning_face:. I will persevere though.

1 Like

I’m not surprised. Speakers far too close together and system in the middle is unlikely to ever be anything more than underwhelming. You want to watch you are not slung out of both rooms. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Start a thread, post up pictures and/or a plan of the room. We’ll sort it for you :+1::rofl:

Too much wrong with that window and armchair/sofa.

1 Like

Is it the angle of the photo or is your arm rather tail high?

1 Like

ftfy

Maybe move them so the backs point at the wall and not the alcove. And try and shift the arm away as it might skew things a bit.
Or get some headphones or a sonos, and weep a little.

1 Like

Well I’ve been put out of my fucking misery. I’d gotten the speakers much further apart and still wasn’t happy but then Hel came back and I kid you not, for she has never made any kind of remark about sound quality at any point in her life, and says “oh it doesn’t sound as good as in the other room” and that was the end of that.

Although being a relief I tried to milk my disappointment for all its worth, and I think slightly feeling sorry for me, she suggested if I wanted a change why didn’t I get some new speakers :grinning:

Obviously I tried hard to not jump on that too quickly and said I’d give it some thought, however as we all know, that is full and unequivocal permission and completely binding and non negotiable, no take backseys.

Just need to sort the taxman first and then see where the remaining budget takes me :+1:

8 Likes

New speakers will probably need new amps too.

4 Likes

Time to go DIY horns then

That goes without saying, but I’m not short of amps at the mo with a pair of 300b monos and Marantz MA-5 also not being used.

Pretty sure I do not have the skillz to make a decent job of this :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

3 way to start? Open baffle bass, 2" CD on a 160Hz horn (did someone have a spare pair of Azura horns?) 300-3k plus a horn tweeter?

1 Like

I have been lucky enough to get the system in the living room and it sounds better than my house. His the amps round the back of stuff, and she doesn’t like it played too loud. But there are enough times in the week when I am one own to crank it up a bit. Detached house too, so can be more enthusiastic with me Oasis LP’s.

1 Like

she suggested if I wanted a change why didn’t I get some new speakers

…Wayne, Wayne wake up! You’ll be late for work!

19 Likes

Wayne,what are the replacement tweeters in those?

Seas tweeter units replaced the original Focal inverted domes which many find a bit too forward.

1 Like

Do you know the model number by any chance?