Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

The lid is graphite with strobe to ensure the vibrations are attuned to speed

Is the price sticker removeable?

1 Like

Meh.

I have found that a squeezy jar of Marmite on the consumer unit gives a much greater improvement to the soundstage.

Stronzetto agrees.

2 Likes

Needs a knob of blu-tack on the bottom to stop it shuffling into your 300b’s when the Lowther sub sonics kick in. :grinning:

2 Likes

Stronzetto’s disloyalty to quality, decency and correct thinking is of no great surprise - He is the most contrary of creatures. Do feed him for me will you? He likes a nose bag of Evo-stick and a woodland fresh copy of Razzle for breakfast. He’s really no trouble and doesn’t do lunch. Dinner is simple a few swift punches to his ears and face will suffice. He may request Trichloro-methane for Supper but only administer this if he has a clean loin cloth.

1 Like

Weird I thought it looked like a price sticker too. The Curdsman assures me it’s a gamma reflector with built in chip to cancel harmonic disruption.

Weighing in at a considerable 37Kg the Curdsman is tough to move. I am worried about those bottles things though as the bass from the Lowthers is close to the brown tone and could cause problems - I’ll see if Stronzetto will lend me some glue

2 Likes

Curd foo

I used to like watching that :+1:

Sadly it would seem Mr.MWS has designs on the Curdman device. I’ve lent it to him as he said he’d some ideas that were worth a look

1 Like

Looks like the nurses trying to change Olans bag.

11 Likes

Watch it Medium, or I’ll post the photos of the aftermath of a liver drain…

:mask:

I pulled the trigger and bought the big Luxman that I had on demo. I was lucky to also find this Luxman AD8000 SUT on gumtree and couldn’t resist. On first listen I’m blown away by this thing.

9 Likes

Today I built a new rack from odds and sods for my current main system which now includes a behringer all in one amp and digital xover- I am still using the v large OB speakers I built last year I love em

3 Likes

Not yet in my system but have found a nice Quad 909 to play with.

1 Like

Are the legs from a bcd rack?

I was given the legs many years ago from a fellow Wammer named Mike - Unsure what they are from.

When in Rohm do as the Rohmanns do.

10 Likes

have you had that one re tipped by any chance?

No this one hasnt been retipped

Out of curiosity where do you guys source your cartridges - either you have very deep pockets and can chop and change for fun or you have a secret supplier who can feed your habit when needed ?

I’m asking as I’m hoping to get a new cartridge at some point this year but would like to try something different from my Ortofon Rondo Blue but tbh don’t know where to start as there is a bewildering choice.

I don’t have much experience with the brands outwith Ortofon and Audio Technica so I humbly ask for some advice.

Budget possibly up to £1K max and it’ll be going on my ProJect Xtension 10 with the 10cc Evo arm and a Trigon Advancy phono stage.