Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Seriously, did the capacity modelling involve blue sky thinking, outside of the box and reaching out to people?
What is it?

No it was a right sizing exercise.

1 Like

[off topic]Too dull to fully convey, but basically working out how much domicillary care is required to properly transfer and care for over 75s from hospital into their own home within 2 days of medical okay to discharge.

Dull but important as the harm that is done in decompensating older people while they lie in bed waiting shortening their lives and overall function is a travesty. [/off topic]

1 Like

Back on topic, the Graaf sounds very nice :slightly_smiling_face:

At the moment it’s plugged into the Leben which has a pre-in switch so you can bypass and use it as just a power amp only. Later I’ll be plugging the Graaf into a Quad 909, and if there is enough time, a pair of pp 300b mono’s.

That’s the best (i.e. worst) of the lot !

VB

3 Likes

They missed ‘decompensating’ in this one, but it would have been a worthwhile addition to the gobbledygook.

1 Like

Fair enough, buts its a medical term not ‘management speak’ - it basically refers to the loss of muscle mass and function that older people experience when lying in beds waiting or receiving treatment or discharge.

There is a direct relationship between days spent in hospital beds and the physical ageing of older patients, to a point where the system is condemning large numbers of patients to long term nursing home care when they could have returned home and lived longer independent lives.

The problem is exemplified by the poor interpretation and just plain wrong in that article! Kind of proves the point though :confounded:

Did much of this happen?

2 Likes

Pretty much in the confidential session. The reality of NHS finances and the top down approach of the Department of Health are really starting to bite. I’ve been saying it for 2-3 years now, the whole flawed GP led Clinical Commissioning Group is over and they’re all being hung out to dry rather than admit that it just plain was never going to work the way it was set up in the first place.

1 Like

Just landed earlier today. Bought NOS from Dooley’s in Macclesfield who I have bought from before. Billy Bargain @ £299. Really worthwhile improvement as my rear channel power amp over the Topping TP60 which was only ever bought as a ‘proof of concept’ & ended up being part of my system for nearly three years.

This 'un should also be good enough in a pinch as a temporary option, should my main XTZ power amp ever need repairing.

3 Likes

A small pair of speakers from British Loudspeakers called the BL1, great with simple stuff with not much bass, on the end of my Trilogy amps. SEAs tweeter from the 1970s and a SEAs 4" midrange, a magic combo in a small box so they can’t misbehave much.

1 Like

@ crimsondonkey

Watch out for the cross channel bleed through. Turn other sources off or mute them if you can. I love my Mk II but like the look of the sloping front Mk I better.

1 Like

What’s replacing it?

They’ll force ccg’s to merge along the lines of the 44 STP footprints, and then fill them full of senior managers from the regional Director of Commissioning Offices (the bureaucracy no-one talks about). Rather than fix the actual root cause they’ll do a shifty re-organisation which they think no one will notice.

Also to the point about gobbledygook above - this might be useful -

http://nhsconfed.org/acronym-buster

Wow ! Radical.

VB

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Computer games and that

Got the Tranfiguration Spirit cartridge, which I’d bought cantillever-less off Nick (Myrman), back from Roberto Torlai in Italy :grinning:

Now just have to find some time to fit it…

6 Likes

I’m free at the weekend :smiley:

8 Likes

Looks good. :+1: