Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Maybe when @murrayjohnson has them again. Though I’m probably too cheap.

You need to cnc mill one from a piece of plate!

How do you find the SP10 after your time with the 1210?

MMMmmmm prototype in aluminium coming right up. Probably need an outer ring clamp too.

The overall build quality is on another level. Soundwise my 1210 is hardly stock but initial impression is its “quieter” with much more neutral bass.

Looks lovely. :+1:

:grin:

:grin:

13 Likes

Very good indeed!

Oyaide have been on the phone though. They want to know if you can meet their lawyers next week?

:laughing:

2 Likes

Looking ‘Engineered’ I like it :smiley:

It’s not quite right, still getting to grips with aluminium on the machine it’s rather unforgiving.

It might not work but it looks to dogs nuts.
How thick is it? I bet it is difficult to keep it flat and stop it from flexing as its machined.

I took a punt on this Mark Travis phono on eBay last week and it turned up today. (Like i really need another phonostage :slight_smile: www.marktravishing.audio/riaa
It sounds lovely and nicely finished. Far better than its price implies. Even comes with 3 x Mullard 12ax7s

Very happy with it for less than £400. The official list is £799 i think. Anyone in the market for something like this keep your eye on ebay as he has been selling direct on there at far lower prices by the looks of it.

4 Likes

5mm, just some spare I had around, the machine is more of a router than a mill, so lots of light cuts and the machine and plate stay flat unless I do something wrong.

Going to try Picoreplayer on this one.

2 Likes

Arm fitted, but humming and music out of one channel only

Sound now in both channels,and no hum,soon as I put cart on the record hum is back,take it off record and it goes

Changed cart and the same problem
Any ideas?
I’ve attached an earth to the chassis,tried another on arm but didn’t help.

Could be from the motor

That’s what I think it is,can feel rumble coming through the tonearm

Are you playing this ?

VB

1 Like

No bit of dusty,shame as it sounds very good

Possibly a flatted idler wheel or warped motor spindle or spindle end bearing, stupid question but are the mounting (transport bolts) bolts not too tight, hope you get it sorted looks a nice 75, don’t see many H J badged ones in the proper plinth :+1: