Smart meters?

Smart meters are a govt project so they’ll never fucking work anyway.

The one Scottish Power fitted for us last week doesn’t work properly, when wifey reported this to them, they said we need to get in touch with the company who fitted it.

So: we’ll just change supplier.

And then it will never work :grin:

Ours never worked when we were with British Gas. They owed us hundreds when we switched. The current supplier can’t use the Smart Meter and we don’t miss it. They seem similarly keen on raking in far too much of our cash, so will be given the chop in the next month or so…

It seems they are all a similar bunch of difficult to contact, useless, money-grabbing tossers.

No. I think you’ll find that’s the public sector. The private sector is a sleek, lean state-of-the-art machine driven to a laser-like focus on the customers’ best interests by the searing heat of competition. Nothing can be better and you can prove that absolutely by mathematics (OK, ideology, but in the case of free-market ideology that’s at least as good). As Mr Trump says if you want to find a bloated, wasteful behemoth staffed by uncaring avaricious bone-idle incompetents then just look at, say, the NHS.

VB

I agree. A glorious 1000-year future awaits**. Remind me when we are invading Poland.

** May not be glorious. May include nuclear annihilation and/or excessive fail.

thanks cragger , providor the installer let me down already twice and i am not inclined to trust them again. thanks for you advice

Strangely, my smart meter has started working again this week, no change of supplier.